Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti may not build sides from weakness nor may he stick around for long. However, he may build something in the short-term that leads to swift success on a level not seen in 25 years or more. My point is that 'project managers' are a rare breed - most clubs exist hand-to-mouth to achieve something. How many clubs have an actual 'project' in place? Also, how many of those 'projects' are really working?

A short-term fix might be useful until the next short-term fix arrives...and so on.

Meant this fella;

I agree with the start of this and with the MiguelDelaney comment. We have splurged ridiculous amounts on 'name' managers and some very overrated players, and have stood still as club in the meantime...at best.

I repeat we should give Duncan until February which will allow the players to show what they can or cannot do for this Club.

We should not rush to appoint another Name so quickly, as this has not worked before.

See definition of insanity as (probably inaccurately) attributed to Einstein.

What "names" have we appointed? We have appointed nobody with his CV, only losers and "potentials".

Ancelotti could end the trophy drought though. He’d ignite the fan base, he’d ignite the players, he’d be a shot in the face to smug pundits linking g us with Howe etc.

If we bring in Moyes (as much as I worship him for what he did here) then the opposite of all three happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.