Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah.

Over lunch we were chatting footy and I said Usmanov was bankrolling us proper now and we'd win the league within 10 years in our new ground.
No one took the piss as I sounded dead convincing ( even though the image of Kings Dock will haunt me forever ).

NEA.

It's on.

as a non-bedwetter i believe you will handle the inevitable disappointment in a calm and reasoned manner Toast

as such, Party on!

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Maybe I just wanna fly
Wanna live, I don't wanna die
Maybe I just wanna breathe
Maybe I just wanna believe
Maybe you're the same as me
We’ve got Carlo Ancelotti
Everton, Everton forever

Just reading the latest now. His son Davide who is proposed to be his assistant. I'll admit I'd never heard of him before. Nepotism or is he a decent bloke to have on board as well do you reckon?

....i‘m ok with it, especially if he’s been a key part of his team for a while.

The lad will have been brought up living the game, especially the ‘scientific’ aspect with his Dad being a coach for a large part of his life. I trust he’ll be a good judge and tactician, I doubt he’ll be a ‘yes’ man.

Balague has suffered Esk levels of embarrassment here.
This is what he gets for telling me that Arteta was going to Atletico Madrid, after I accosted him in Slaters and demanded to know why he supports Liverpool (this would have been around the time when our red friends were claiming to have won Euro 2008).

May the Everton Twitter locusts melt his phone with notifications.

....i‘m ok with it, especially if he’s been a key part of his team for a while.

The lad will have been brought up living the game, especially the ‘scientific’ aspect with his Dad being a coach for a large part of his life. I trust he’ll be a good judge and tactician, I doubt he’ll be a ‘yes’ man.

I've seen Duncan stays on and his son is more of a physio background.

I'm pleased he's kept Duncan on, not just because it's Duncan but because the team have shown a fair amount for him, in very difficult circumstances in the last 2 games and in utilising Ferguson it shows a degree of confidence from the new manager. From what I've read Ancelotti is not a great trainer but you can see the work Ferguson has done on the training pitch with the team. It could be a good combination.

His fitness people wilt be important too. I'm glad he's got them, as other managers didn't seem to have specific people. To me we are a long way off being fit enough, and have been really since Moyes left.

If we can play at the intensity we have for periods of the last two games, for 90 minutes we have the basis of a good side. At present we can't. We visibly tire. That needs to change.

if this does happen, id like to remind the forum of the time everybody got all excited and sure of themselves when Moshiri started spending cash in the summer of Bolasie. lots of proclamations of good times coming

and then an avalanche of panic when it went to crap

no manager is guaranteeing us results with the current squad.

this appointment would be a very positive sign of ambition but theres no sure outcome

in short please remember this is Everton. temper your excitement and the bedwetting should be less prevalent and annoying when things dont turn out as sunny as you assumed

fencesitter 4 lyf
6596B038-1A07-4F59-8177-D3C4EC1BB58C.jpeg
we must remain cautious at all times of course and remember that a bit of patience is needed.

take our lovable neighbours as an example, look at the side Klopp inherited to the one he has now.

pinched that off another site BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.