Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton manager.

The Koeman and Brands buying have a common denominator: throwing big money at players with over-inflated reputations. Brands' major drawback though is his cursory consideration of a player's injury record or current fitness status. He' literally cost Everton tens of millions with that buffoonery.

Buying rejects from the super-clubs, with the exception of Digne, looks to have been a failure to date. That's on Brands and the Raiola relationship which has just landed us with players on big contracts and little delivery. Mina has potential to improve if he is managed properly but Gomes has flattered to deceive more often than not for me. Hopefully Ancelotti can get a turn from Kean but I don't expect Delph to play enough games to make a real impact.

It's no shame not to get a game at Barca or Juve but if players are leaving there, not only is it pertinent to ask why but also how else is in for them. Taking the blue tinted glasses off the drop down to Everton from these clubs is a steep one and that should leave clues of its own.

I'd still rather we signed the best of upcoming talent but I haven't seen much evidence of that yet under Brands.

The DOF model is here to stay but if anything has to be taken from the wasted opportunity of the last 18 months, it's that the manager should be the one putting names to the board in terms of who we are to sign, Brands unfortunately has made a bit of a mess in that department to date.

It was telling that Mourinho said we should be looking to sign more Richarlison type players and less of the established players on a downward trajectory. I would expect Ancelotti to think the same.

Brands has had good signings so far
[/QUOTE

I don't agree. There's prospects for sure. A good signing to me, is someone who can come in and do more than a job. He's been here nearly 2 years. His record is poor and I don't see how he has improved what we have. The league table speaks for itself.

What I do see is, players who have massive potential. Digne, Mina etc. If you're in the the Dutch league that may cut it but we need players who will do it now. Quite frankly, his signings have been underwhelming at best, just like Walsh.

We've spent nearly half a billion, if you can't see that as a failure when we stand just above the relegation zone, you're not paying attention. By any measure that is a disgrace. And Walsh and Brands are equally culpable.

Brands hasn't spent anywhere near half a billion mate.
Exactly which of his signings do you have issues with , if "his record is poor" ?

If he's there he'll be sweeping Carlo's office out for him and running errands for pasta.

Alright Trigger calm down.

You could become Duncan Ferguson's cleaning advisor due to your having spent a lifetime sweeping the streets.

At least I assume that's what's made you a permanently miserable #$*@&!.

We are, where we are. Any hamfisted attempts to cover up the appalling recruitment is delusional. We spent and bought poorly. It is, what it is. Moshiri's pockets must be deep indeed if he lets that go.

I would want more for my money. No doubt it's why he hired Ancelotti, he has has a track record of investing in players into his system. As opposed to those who ferment in a feeder league. Who want's to piss their money up against the wall on the hope of a potential? If you think that is Everton now, you're simply not paying attention.

Ancelotti's appointment is a recognition that the appointment of Walsh and Brands has been a failure.

All I hope is people give him the patience to build the squad. Koeman and Silva each has a season, if people immediately shouting for his resignation just after 10 game without a win, we might as well stick with Moyes or Sam.

They were given enough time. But they were bums, and seen as such by the fan base.
The good thing about Ancelloti is that he's one of the best in football. He's more likely to win favour from the fans than any of our players. Unlike the other two/three.

Initially I was impressed with Brands particularly in comparison to his predecessor. He brought authority, negotiation skills and a clear vision to target younger players all lacking in Walsh.
However the most important part of his job is player selection and up to this point the evidence is that he's been decidedly poor on that. His only two players that might be seen as successes are Richarlison and Digne and Silva publicly claimed credit for both. Neither are Gana level successes.
I think he did particularly badly last summer and that contributed to Silva's sacking though Silva was very poor.
Carlo may weave some magic and make things look much better in a year or so but right now anyone still claiming Brands has been a 'success' is delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.