Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebuilding starts now. I hope we are patient enough to give him time, with some of the players we have right now I can't see anything magical happen this season but soon after there could be. Forza Carlo.

Don’t think he will get much out of the current crop. Going to need people in and out the door in Jan. Not expecting miracles. The players are just not that good.

Of course money will have to be spent.

But I would still expect Ancelotti to be able to improve results through tactical acumen, organisation, and being able to improve at least some of the players technically.

We won't be able to spend at a rate that keeps pace with expectations and part of the obvious appeal of Ancelotti is he has things in his skillset that none of our previous managers would come near to replicating.

It's critical that we address the lack of quality and quantity right through the spine of the team but I'm still expecting more, in some cases much more, from individual players and the squad as a whole.

Known for letting players make their own decisions on the pitch - imagine letting that shower make their own decisions. We would be about 7 down by HT, with a few of them with running stats of about 1/2 mile a game.

Poor mentally, even worse technically and quite unfit

Think everyone, including myself, needs a little reminder of just how much work needs done here and how patient we will need to be. This isn't gonna magically improve in 3 or 4 months.

But we've finally got someone in who will get us back in the right direction. It might get worse before it gets better, but it is going to get better.

We need to back him through the rough times in the next few months and I've no doubt we'll come out the other side in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.