Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti's teams generally don't play with wingers. He prefers a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield.
That's not the case. He likes to press and hit on the break. Like the Foxes in a sense.

Di Maria was one of his top guys. In an Everton milieau I can see Ricchy on the left and a big chap in the middle nodding them in.

That's not the case. He likes to press and hit on the break. Like the Foxes in a sense.

Di Maria was one of his top guys. In an Everton milieau I can see Ricchy on the left and a big chap in the middle nodding them in.
Genuinely never heard anyone other than pundits or journos call Leicester "The Foxes".

Not sure why but found that proper wierd.

Ancelotti moved Di Maria inside though and didn't use him as a winger. He played him as a central attacking midfield player.

So I went from uncertain, to tempted, to convinced, to delighted with this appointment over the week.

If you just take the basic description of the job Mosh, Bill & Brands had after kicking Silva out, it was this:

Find the best, most experienced, most successful, most proven manager who is available. They have done that - with a slice of luck in the fact that the options were slim before Napoli fired Carlo!

He is a manager with pedigree, a manager with trophies on every continent. Of course he is a risk, EVERY manager is a risk. But this guy right here has me actually satisfied we have the manager with the best chance of turning us into a force again - Over the moon!

Ancelotti has used all sorts of systems. He tailors it to the players.

I am not sure that is true as evidenced by his time at Napoli. He took over from Sarri who played a high pressing 4-3-3. That clearly suited the players as they almost won the League in Sarri's last season. Ancelotti then changed that to a 4-4-2 mid block.

He has spoken about himself he says he has become less rigid but is still a 4-4-2 man at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.