Cardiff v Everton. 31st Aug @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary Mccarthy will push the issue, just not in the attacking midfielder goalscorer way you are talking about.

He will constantly move and show for the ball. He is not as much of a crab passer as some people are making out. I have watched all his games for Ireland and a lot of his Wigan games and one thing he will do that nobody in our midfield does, bar Felli in monster form, is break up play with a timely challenge/interception often with a sudden burst to get to a ball he is second favourite for.

From these moments the teams who were coming out to attack, probably after parking the bus as we've seen so far, are suddenly out of position and on the back foot. This will assist our attackers in getting more room to manouver in. Perfect for the likes of Mirallas and Deulo to work with.
Good post mate.

Unfortunately this is what we've been reduced to under Kenwright...

I now begrudgingly think the best move for Everton now is to sell one of Baines/Fellaini and with the 20m we'd get invest in at LEAST two quality first XI players ahead of the deadline.

Sad times. Do we think Martinez was told he'd have to sell his best players to strengthen the first XI?

Wake up lids, Cardiff smashed Man City last week.
Malky's got them firing on all cylinders,early days yet,but I can see many an established premier side coming unstuck at Cardiff.
The horrible park the bus bastards were delighted to get off the pitch with a point.

We're letting ourselves down at the opposite end of the pitch to where Martinez was supposed to let us down. The Martinez naysayers have won, get him out...

Or maybe not. The commentators and analysts have said it, neutrals on Twitter have said it, I even saw Kopites saying it - Everton outplayed Cardiff today. We're passing well, we're keeping possession, but we've got no cutting edge. I'll put my life on Jelavic's average position being in midfield again, so we had no focal point in attack either. Some may argue even if he was the last man we still wouldn't of had a focal point considering the form he's in...

The worrying part is we've got Chelsea next and I can't see us winning that either. I predict that's when the media will stay crying crisis when it just isn't the case.

Last edited:

Massive over-reaction, decent performance not earth-shattering. One stonewall penalty not given, Mirallas misses two clear headers and Jelavic should have scored second half.

No-one would be complaining if we'd taken a chance and/or scored from the penalty spot (if given)

Hmmmm. I think you will find it is a fact he played 90 minutes today. The rest is just your opinion.

I think in a team that is looking short of pace in general Osman is standing out because he seems to have gotten slower again from last season. What he is doing on the ball varies from awful to good in each game, not too different to other players, but I think it is Osmans failures that are hurting the team more.

I am sure with some time on the bench coming on late in games and playing in the final third more, that he will still have plenty to offer us but I hope Gibson is back soon and that after Monday night we have a better option on the bench to cover Gibson or challenge him.

I still love Osman, but times time!

I think in a team that is looking short of pace in general Osman is standing out because he seems to have gotten slower again from last season. What he is doing on the ball varies from awful to good in each game, not too different to other players, but I think it is Osmans failures that are hurting the team more.

I am sure with some time on the bench coming on late in games and playing in the final third more, that he will still have plenty to offer us but I hope Gibson is back soon and that after Monday night we have a better option on the bench to cover Gibson or challenge him.

I still love Osman, but times time!

Good post.

I too still feel the love for Osman, the team needs options though so he isn't thrown in 4 games in a row in a key position.

Status
Not open for further replies.