Cardiff v Everton. 31st Aug @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my thinking after today. Defender has the ball and the mids in the last three games are standing of the shoulder of the opposition not moving. No way Jags or Distin will risk a ball in to feet there.

I think they need the first win, and the window to close.

Gibson will change that, always asking for the ball, always moving into space, thats why i think James McCarthy will be a good buy, he'll do exactly the same.

some genius who negged me
'Same team- don't think so???????'

you dont think so or you're telling me that we dont have the same team as two years ago?
yeah with the exception of miralles, but it is his second year.

We need someone to push the issue, not sweep the ball from side to side. James McCarthy could have played in Osman's place and I bet the exact same things would have happened. Imagine taking Fellaini out of that side and putting McCarthy in it. He's not what we need and that's an enormous understatement.

On the contrary Mccarthy will push the issue, just not in the attacking midfielder goalscorer way you are talking about.

He will constantly move and show for the ball. He is not as much of a crab passer as some people are making out. I have watched all his games for Ireland and a lot of his Wigan games and one thing he will do that nobody in our midfield does, bar Felli in monster form, is break up play with a timely challenge/interception often with a sudden burst to get to a ball he is second favourite for.

From these moments the teams who were coming out to attack, probably after parking the bus as we've seen so far, are suddenly out of position and on the back foot. This will assist our attackers in getting more room to manouver in. Perfect for the likes of Mirallas and Deulo to work with.

Mirallas' game is to exploit space vacated by defenders. Bit hard to do when these rubbish teams are getting 11 behind the ball for almost all the game.

Spot on. He's not a quick touch in the confined spaces player. He'll perform against Chelsea where we should have a bit more space.

The pass was 6 inches too short for him to hit it with his left foot considering the way the defender was coming in.

Worse was Mirallas cutting back into traffic when played in in the closing minutes on the LHS of the box.

Both passes by Ross were perfect -Sturridge would have buried both chances! KONE looked even worse option - Victor needs to get fit he is better than both of them!

Butters and Tree 13 lead the hate campaign. Personally I think he did OK again.

It's based on simple facts mate. He was completely and utterly anonymous in the second half, just as he was against WBA and Norwich. He's not capable of playing 90 mins every week anymore and given his age that's not going to change. Mark my words, when Gibson is back Osman will be benched.

And on the whole "Osman is gash but McCarthy wouldn't be any less gash" thing...

Osman has the mobility of a geriatric at present, both on the ball and off it. Having someone like McCarthy - someone always presenting for the ball, getting it off quickly and then presenting again - would instantly up the tempo of our play, which seems to be the main gripe from most of you.

It's tough not to be disappointed after a game like that. The positives far outweighed the negatives. dominated a game on the road... it's just the frustration once the team goes forward and comes away with nothing. The effing reffing certainly didn't help, either.

For the most part you cannot blame the manager because the team simply couldn't convert... but I'm still confused as to why Deulofeu wasn't given more than seven minutes on the pitch. He seemed to play with a drive and purpose that merit 70 minutes, not 7.

Wake up lids, Cardiff smashed Man City last week.
Malky's got them firing on all cylinders,early days yet,but I can see many an established premier side coming unstuck at Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.