Cardiff v Everton. 31st Aug @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been said already but if this result didn't scream out "we need new signings" to the management then I don't know what could ever knock it into their head. We lacked any kind of creativity today. And if I have to watch jelavic start one more game at forward I'm gonna cry. For ****s sake kenwright... Splash a little cash

Jelavic would have gambled near post - Kone pulled back to spot.

He would have done, said pre-kick off I hoped he would not swap Kone for Jelavic and keep both strikers on the pitch instead. Kone could have pulled the defenders away for Jela to nip in.

Why did Jelly use his wrong foot when RB {MOTM} passed a great through ball scoring opportunity he used the wrong foot his left???????
The pass was 6 inches too short for him to hit it with his left foot considering the way the defender was coming in.

Worse was Mirallas cutting back into traffic when played in in the closing minutes on the LHS of the box.

That cross was for poachers. The Mexican kid from Man u would have been onto that. Get him in the deal if we sell Fellaini.

Are you mad? It doesn't matter what the cross was for, you see the ball coming across the goal mouth and any footballers instinct will be to put it in! Doesn't matter if you're a poacher or a 6ft 2 centre half, get your toe on it!

mirallas needs to realise how much time you get on the ball in the premier league. So many times it comes to his feet and he dribbles slowly, looks up, puts the kettle on, watches half an hour of corrie, does his nails, lies on a sunbed, goes for a swift jar down the Lion, washes the car, puts the cat out...just play the thing you beaut.

Forget signing a midfielder. We need a striker capable of scoring 1 in 4 as a minimum requirement.

To finish off what chances, exactly?

We have NOTHING creative coming through the middle, apart from Barkley, as it is. We have to play Felli at DM because Gibbo's made of glass: with a Medel or a Capoue playing at DM and Felli playing CM, we would improve in the middle straight away. If Felli goes, do you want Osman retaining that CM slot?

We don't create enough good chances, we ALREADY need more midfielders, and we can't afford the type of striker you're talking about. Improving midfield is the way forward.

The system and Martinez arent too blame. Its the players.
You reckon Martinez tells the players to hide and not ask for the ball? Or tell them to keep hold of the ball for longer than they should? Or tell them not to gamble on a cross? Course he doesnt, if you looked at Wigan they played with pace, we clearly arent doing that when we should.

This was my thinking after today. Defender has the ball and the mids in the last three games are standing of the shoulder of the opposition not moving. No way Jags or Distin will risk a ball in to feet there.

I think they need the first win, and the window to close.

mirallas needs to realise how much time you get on the ball in the premier league. So many times it comes to his feet and he dribbles slowly, looks up, puts the kettle on, watches half an hour of corrie, does his nails, lies on a sunbed, goes for a swift jar down the Lion, washes the car, puts the cat out...just play the thing you beaut.

Mirallas' game is to exploit space vacated by defenders. Bit hard to do when these rubbish teams are getting 11 behind the ball for almost all the game.

I don't think we are playing that bad and we just have to give it time.... At least give till Christmas to bed in.... That used to be the standard for Moyes every season....

One thing of note... We suck at forming triangles!... How the hell are we meant to play penetrating passing football if you have banks of players or, one or two players isolated..... the lack of movement has been the common theme so far in the first three games.... Sort it out!

Thought Osman had a decent game myself,there were far worse performances than his. Getting a lot of stick lately Osman sometimes deservedly sometimes not (as in today) Now Neville has departed is he the new bunions whipping boy ?
Butters and Tree 13 lead the hate campaign. Personally I think he did OK again.

Thought Osman had a decent game myself,there were far worse performances than his. Getting a lot of stick lately Osman sometimes deservedly sometimes not (as in today) Now Neville has departed is he the new bunions whipping boy ?

Osman and SP were woeful and KM was not much better you would think they had their heads turned!

Status
Not open for further replies.