Match Thread Cardiff City v Everton- Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting a tough game. Cardiff are poor quality wise but have shown a lot of fight in the majority of games.

I really wasn't expecting a 3-0 away win given our performances and form. Pleased with the win and clean sheet.
Very very odd performance on their part.

I can only assume they under rated us.

Jags organising the defence ruined their plan of crossing it in at every opportunity

But we need his organisational qualities...

I think they outweigh anything else

Looking decent against Cardiff is one thing but lets not start thinking he's the answer to our problems. Games against the likes of Cardiff are supposed to be the ones where he can come in and give a decent 90 minutes against poor sides in order to rest regular first teamers.

He can have all the organisational qualities in the world but he's physically past it and cannot cope with good attacking players.

No. Who else takes his place from our squad who is capable of slotting like he does?
You just don’t drop a player who is capable of match winning moments because he hasn’t scored for a few games.

You don’t like him, we all get it, but the bloke scores goals from midfield and is one of the best players we have. If he’s fit, he plays.

First good game in ten.

Let's not gloss over that just because he's bagged a couple tonight.

Looking decent against Cardiff is one thing but lets not start thinking he's the answer to our problems. Games against the likes of Cardiff are supposed to be the ones where he can come in and give a decent 90 minutes against poor sides in order to rest regular first teamers.

He can have all the organisational qualities in the world but he's physically past it and cannot cope with good attacking players.
He makes a huge difference just being on the pitch..

Inspires confidence in the other defenders.

We need him Sunday.

He won't and can't play every week, nor should he. But he will now be vital to us in this hard run in

Gueye MOTM.

Gylfi played well and did what he does best - and he does that better than any other player we have, which is why he's in the team.

Doesn't excuse him for being crap for the past two months in the main, like, but you can see Silva's logic. I wouldn't have backed any of our other players to score either of the goals he did today - and they weren't exactly thunderbolts, just nobody else in our team has the composure.

Richarlison - he isn't a winger. His strength isn't picking the ball up 40 yards from goal. He needs to be in and around the box. Bernard played well when he came on.

Sluggish first half, but bare Jags' mistake they offered zero. Jagielka actually talked, and believe it or not our set-piece defending was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.