Carabao Cup 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm.

Now im not sure, but werent the rules changed to make cup comps different comps, thus under different rules?

Or maybe it was just mooted.

Do yellow card suspensions carry over into the Premier League?​

No. Amid the ever-changing maelstrom of rules and regulations, the powers that be at England's Football Association tweaked the laws regarding yellow card suspensions four years ago.
As outlined in the FA's essential handbook for players: "Accumulated yellow cards in cup competitions are treated separately and can result in an automatic ban from the cup competition in which the yellow cards were received."
Therefore, a yellow-card-induced suspension in the Carabao Cup does not carry over to the Premier League - or any other domestic competition. Of course, the reverse is also true. If one of the Carabao Cup semi-finalists racks up a ban-worthy tally of ten Premier League yellow cards, they would still be able to play in the cup.

What about red cards?​

Unlike their more lenient and light-hearted cousins, red cards transcend England's domestic competitions. If a player were to receive a ban for a red card shown in a Carabao Cup clash, they would miss their team's next game, whatever domestic competition that may be - including thePremier League.

Look like he is indeed suspended.

Do yellow card suspensions carry over into the Premier League?​

No. Amid the ever-changing maelstrom of rules and regulations, the powers that be at England's Football Association tweaked the laws regarding yellow card suspensions four years ago.
As outlined in the FA's essential handbook for players: "Accumulated yellow cards in cup competitions are treated separately and can result in an automatic ban from the cup competition in which the yellow cards were received."
Therefore, a yellow-card-induced suspension in the Carabao Cup does not carry over to the Premier League - or any other domestic competition. Of course, the reverse is also true. If one of the Carabao Cup semi-finalists racks up a ban-worthy tally of ten Premier League yellow cards, they would still be able to play in the cup.

What about red cards?​

Unlike their more lenient and light-hearted cousins, red cards transcend England's domestic competitions. If a player were to receive a ban for a red card shown in a Carabao Cup clash, they would miss their team's next game, whatever domestic competition that may be - including thePremier League.

Look like he is indeed suspended.

….every bit helps.

I wonder how many different clubs have reached the league cup final since we last did in 1984?
I counted up to 30 off the top of my head including the likes of Oxford, Oldham, Tranmere, Bolton,Wigan, Cardiff, Birmingham Norwich,Swansea and Luton, plus almost every current prem club bar 2 or 3.

Never understood the optimism. We were never gonna win this. In another world where we went through Chelsea and the RS would still be in it and although everyone mocks Chelsea atm now they have Nkunku back they will be a totally new and energised side I struggle to believe we’d beat. And then ofc there’s the RS where we wouldn’t beat in a final or Semi simply by virtue of the fact they have better players and a trophy winning mentality we don’t have.

Never understood the optimism. We were never gonna win this. In another world where we went through Chelsea and the RS would still be in it and although everyone mocks Chelsea atm now they have Nkunku back they will be a totally new and energised side I struggle to believe we’d beat. And then ofc there’s the RS where we wouldn’t beat in a final or Semi simply by virtue of the fact they have better players and a trophy winning mentality we don’t have.
That's the spirit

We hoped to beat Fulham - who traditionally we defeat at home by rote - not win the competition outright. The disappointment is we lost to a team we really should have beaten last night but left off the hook in comedic fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.