Carabao Cup 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even be that disappointed. We'd have only lost in the semi-finals or the final if we'd got through last night. I know we've been on a nice little purple patch lately but let's not kid ourselves. We're still utter garbage and Dyche is basically having to polish a turd with this team.

I can't even be that disappointed. We'd have only lost in the semi-finals or the final if we'd got through last night. I know we've been on a nice little purple patch lately but let's not kid ourselves. We're still utter garbage and Dyche is basically having to polish a turd with this team.
Guess work, no one has a clue how we would have done. But now we dont even have that chance to even see

Don't get the negativity tbh.

Fulham are much improved (other than us are the form team in the prem) and but for some calamity defending from Michael Keane we win that 1-0 and it's all gravy. Outplayed them over the 90 and could have won the pens aswell.

Yes we didn't play as well as we've seen recently, but even the best teams have off days and grind out results (which we did in 90). And some credit to Fulham, they have a well drilled, aggressive and physical back four with an accomplished holding midfielder in the 6 who is wanted by the best teams in Europe. A lot of teams will struggle for attacking fluidity when they have those 5 fit

Given where we have been, getting us to within one 12 yard shot of a cup semi-final is a massive accolade to Dyche and the team. Yes it's a missed opportunity, but let's get some perspective

Fulham are much improved (other than us are the form team in the prem) and but for some calamity defending from Michael Keane we win that 1-0 and it's all gravy. Outplayed them over the 90 and could have won the pens aswell.

Yes we didn't play as well as we've seen recently, but even the best teams have off days and grind out results (which we did in 90). And some credit to Fulham, they have a well drilled, aggressive and physical back four with an accomplished holding midfielder in the 6 who is wanted by the best teams in Europe.

Given where we have been, getting us to within one 12 yard shot of a cup semi-final is a massive accolade to Dyche and the team. Yes it's a missed opportunity, but let's get some perspective

We’ve said this far too many times over the last 6 years though. I’m fed up of the excuses with this club. At some point it needs to give the fans some joy and it can’t just be ‘yeah but Keane hit a really good pen so the own goal doesn’t matter’ or ‘his final kept us up v Palace etc.’. We’ve been a very poor side recently and he’s a major major reason for that. Someone at the club who has any intention of us being a decent footballing side again needs to punt him as far as they can away from the building. We won’t win anything ever again if he’s in the squad.

Never understood the optimism. We were never gonna win this. In another world where we went through Chelsea and the RS would still be in it and although everyone mocks Chelsea atm now they have Nkunku back they will be a totally new and energised side I struggle to believe we’d beat. And then ofc there’s the RS where we wouldn’t beat in a final or Semi simply by virtue of the fact they have better players and a trophy winning mentality we don’t have.
So we never win a trophy again then with that outlook, if so, Everton are a small club now,whereas the likes of West ham can win one europe and Fulham probably believe they can win this.

We’ve said this far too many times over the last 6 years though. I’m fed up of the excuses with this club. At some point it needs to give the fans some joy and it can’t just be ‘yeah but Keane hit a really good pen so the own goal doesn’t matter’ or ‘his final kept us up v Palace etc.’. We’ve been a very poor side recently and he’s a major major reason for that. Someone at the club who has any intention of us being a decent footballing side again needs to punt him as far as they can away from the building. We won’t win anything ever again if he’s in the squad.
Totally agree with you.

Shouldn't be near the starting XI unless he really has to (such as against Burnley).

Convinced that there was a way of leaving him out yesterday, even if it meant McNeill moonlighting at left back

Yes we didn't play as well as we've seen recently, but even the best teams have off days and grind out results (which we did in 90). And some credit to Fulham, they have a well drilled, aggressive and physical back four with an accomplished holding midfielder in the 6 who is wanted by the best teams in Europe. A lot of teams will struggle for attacking fluidity when they have those 5 fit

Calamity defending. Is that what you saw ?

So we never win a trophy again then with that outlook, if so, Everton are a small club now,whereas the likes of West ham can win one europe and Fulham probably believe they can win this.

We look like a side who will never win a cup again tbh.

First time in Fulhams history they've reached the semi final of the league Cup.

Last night was just another missed opportunity where everything should be in our favour and we screw it up. Leicester league Cup a few seasons back, Southampton league Cup a few seasons back, Wigan FA Cup QF, Reading FA Cup to get through to QF. There's just too many to mention.

It's gone on for years and let's be honest, as soon as that went to pens, how many of us actually thought we'd see it through?

I didn't and that Onana pen pretty much summed Everton up when it comes to the real big moments

No sane Fulham fan would think they can beat Liverpool or Chelsea or even West Ham if they did the unthinkable

We look like a side who will never win a cup again tbh.

First time in Fulhams history they've reached the semi final of the league Cup.

Last night was just another missed opportunity where everything should be in our favour and we screw it up. Leicester league Cup a few seasons back, Southampton league Cup a few seasons back, Wigan FA Cup QF, Reading FA Cup to get through to QF. There's just too many to mention.

It's gone on for years and let's be honest, as soon as that went to pens, how many of us actually thought we'd see it through?

I didn't and that Onana pen pretty much summed Everton up when it comes to the real big moments

In the past we’ve had managers who didn’t want to be here, thought they were doing us a favour. We also had a lot of players who believed that as well. Even as good as Lukaku was for us ultimately in the big moments in a semi final he’s taking a penalty for himself rather than thinking about what’s best for Everton, we’re out of the cup and he’s mouthing off in the summer about how he wants to win trophies. Crucially though he doesn’t want to win them with us when given a golden opportunity.

Ultimately until someone at the club throws off this mid table mentality we have then this will keep happening because when push comes to shove some players are either not good enough, or the ones who are don’t really want to go the extra mile for a club they see as a temporary destination. This just results in falling just short all the time.

We need the manager and every player at the club with singular focus on winning trophies and being successful for Everton, not in order to get a transfer to Chelsea or PSG, or to one day manage United, but to deliver real success to Everton football club. When you have managers like Koeman Allardyce who belied that 8th was success and fans should stop moaning, or Silva who just wanted a bigger move elsewhere, or Moyes who never really believed Everton were big enough to win anything compared to a Manchester United, or Lampard who is just trying to find a way back to being Chelsea manager then it’s no surprise when they don’t deliver in the big moments.

For the first time in a long time it feels we have a manager who is not looking elsewhere, or treating us as an experiment in English football, or a stepping stone to somewhere else. We’ve got a group of players who largely are following in his image and seem to be hungry to play for Everton but we still have some players who are either not good enough for Everton, don’t fully believe Everton deserve to win trophies, or believe that they’re only here to play for a bigger move.

100% commitment to a single goal to win trophies is required by all at the club if it’s ever going to happen again.

The ball wasn't that close to him when it was played. He seemed oblivious to where he, the ball or the goal was. He's done worse things but he wasn't blameless for the goal. He's not good enough at this level and certainly not for the money he's on.
I am no fan and he should not be starting for us is my opinion. I have difficulty blaming him for last night's OG though

Status
Not open for further replies.