Carabao cup 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 prem teams away from home and 4 all prem ties

minimum number of prem clubs that will be eliminated after the next round will therefore be 6 meaning potentially 14 prem sides including ourselves in the next round if we beat QPR

potentially would mean 14 of the remaining 16 sides left in the competition would be prem sides

….the results suggest the gulf between the PL & lower leagues is widening.

Funny how these cup competitions work out, though. Sometimes what looks a difficult route through can suddenly open up. All we can do is make sure we’re in the draw for the next round.

Last time I went to Loftus road, I was in the home end watching us win 5-1 with Big Bob Latchford getting 4!
I might have to go again if I can get a ticket.

The benefit here is that there are 4 all-Premier League ties, which means at a bare minimum, there will be a maximum of 14 Premier League sides in the last 16, with Newcastle and Crystal Palace already out.

Some tricky ties in there too for the likes of Leeds, Southampton, Leicester and probably us. Really good opportunity to progress and make draw a lower league side again. You can fluke a cup run, so provided we keep getting the luck of the draw we've got a chance.

• Liverpool / Man City (8)
  • Aston Villa / Man Utd / Chelsea (5)
  • Spurs / Forest (4)
  • Leicester (3)
  • Arsenal / Birmingham / Norwich / Wolves (2)
  • West Brom / Boro / QPR / Leeds / Stoke / Luton / Sheff Wed / Swindon / Oxford / Blackburn / Swansea (1)
All of the above have won this bloody cup. Even on the two occasions we got to the final, we were shafted after multiple replays. We should just opt out of this competition every year....you know like Direct Marketing? FA / EFL send an email every year, we should just reply: "please unsubscribe"

I work with a QPR fan who said he would be far more confident if they had been drawn away. He feels they are crap at home at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.