Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnifico1988

Player Valuation: £950k
Would anyone else like a change of captain? I know it won’t happen this season.

But personally I think coleman is a good club captain (in and around club helping youth etc), but having the likes of digne/holgate/glyfi/davies(silva era) doesn’t sit well with me. I’d much rather have someone to else take the captaincy next year as match day captain it’s worked for a few clubs. I know this will divide opinion but personally I think a change could be a good thing.

We haven’t had a player who you’d want as captain since Gareth Barry.

Coleman is an awful player and probably even worse as a skipper, his rallying cries are cringeworthy and he never backs it up with a decent performance; which makes it even less convincing.

Jagielka was the same. The fact that Tom Davies has worn the armband on several occasions, shows exactly how inept we are in terms of leadership quality.

It’s properly overblown how important a captain is these days

Reckon the reason city won the league last year was down to Fernandinho getting the armband?
Exactly. Ideally he should see less and less of the pitch but Coleman should be captain until his contract is up, it's not a significant problem in any way.

Whatever on-pitch "leadership" issues we have is a squad problem more than anything

Coleman is a fine (as in, just he's got the armband) captain and our issues have nothing to do with who has the armband.

He represents the club well and is well respected.

That's it. The captain has no impact. They don't coach us, they don't set out the team at set-pieces, they don't do anything these days other than get in the ref's ear, which NONE of our players do enough of.

We make far too big a deal of it.

A lack of leadership through the club is the main issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.