Captain Sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it goes deeper than Jags. For the last 10 years we've been a team who have been too soft. We don't crowd the ref when we get terrible decisions against us, none of our players go down and waste time when we're winning. You only have to look at players like Gibson who have come from a club with a winning mentality and are constantly in the referees ear. Anyway McCarthy for me without question.
Yep,said it for years,we must be a referee's dream,"easy" Everton,some of the things these Officials have got away with not just under the current regime without any "earache" from our players has been incredible,players getting contact in the box and staying on their feet,how often at Goodison can you ever say we've had a "homer"?(steady at the back;)lol)

I'm not comfortable with criticism of Jags as a player (he's been one of the top Everton players of the modern era) but agree he needs replacing as Captain.
McCarthy is the only one who looks likely to start influencing decisions from the ref and encouraging the rest of the side to play at 100%

I'm not overly concerned about Jags being captain. He's a brilliant player, a model pro and leads by example. I really don't think having McCarthy or whoever as captain will make a difference to our points tally. If anything there's a chance it'd create some dressing room disharmony and Jags would be off. I'll be honest, I wouldn't relish Martinez being required to go shopping for a couple of centre halves this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.