Can we win the league in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically no. I think this season has been a lot different to the others in regards to the top teams and their performances. Still, I actually think we could be better off this season considering all the draws we've had.

... And a massive change of mentality.

A point on this. If we get 4th the mind set of certain players will have to change big time. A humid evening in the depths of Turkey with 60,000 fans going mental and half the stadium in flames is going to be a huge amount of pressure. Martinez will have some work to do over the summer.

Yes, probably not this season or next, but with the right investment and some CL football, I dont see why we cant within the next 10 years, its unlikely if certain things stay the same tho.
Agree with this yet some would rather miss out on the Champions League if it meant Liverpool winning the league :Blink:

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 18.46.32.png
This is the big'un...

Absolutely, and credit to Martinez for that. Still some way to go.

Although admittedly, we're not completely there yet as seen by the FA cup admission and our 'performance' at Anfield.

However, for me it's the 'never give up' attitude we seem to have these last few games. There's a reason we have the highest number of goals scored from the 80th onwards (or something) and for me that's down to Martinez.

If we look at the Norwich away game last year, which had similar importance to the Fulham game on Sunday, we went 1 - 0 up and they levelled, our heads went down and we went on to lose the game. I believe the following week we lost 1 - 0 to Sunderland away after a dire performance, even though a win in that game would have still kept us in it.

The difference for me this season is the Newcastle and the Fulham game this week. Newcastle required a huge performance which we provided, and our heads could have easily gone down in the Fulham game (as they did last season against Norwich) but instead we upped our game and went on to win convincingly.

So Martinez is able to give our players the belief they need which Moyes was incapable of. I don't quite agree with a lot of the 'Moyes would have never won that' that goes on here, but the last 4 or 5 seasons he was unable to get us on a run that Martinez has got us on now, and that's the difference for me.

This last month we have shown that we are genuine top team, and that is a feat which Moyes was incapable of achieving in my opinion.

Agreed. I think that if we were to buy a player like Suarez or Lukaku then that's our whole transfer budget gone. So it's financial backing and lack of a 20+ goal machine that will stop is progressing properly.

We need Robby to find the next up and coming wonder lid for next to nothing! Dam, really happy with this season so far though and long may it continue. COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.