Can we win the league in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markDee

Player Valuation: £2.5m
What do you think? It might sound a bit daft but if them lot can go from 7th to serious contenders in a season then why can't we?

I think all we need is the belief and to finish our chances like we've been doing over the last few games/start of the season.

Or am I just a bit mental?

:pint2:

No mate. The RS have spent shed loads more than us over the last few years and have the leagues best strike partnership.

I think Liverpool have had a few things go there way this yr

1. 3 of previous top 4 had new managers
  2. Chelsea don't have striker
  3. Utd are gash
  4. Spurs wasted £100m
  5. City bought Demichelles
  6. No Euro football for RS
  7. Wenger is too tight to buy striker
  8. They have Suarez
So it has been unique season, nxt yr I expect normal service to resume.

We need a striker and a few things to go our way.

we're three or four top, top players off of being contenders in my opinion:

we need a box to box midfielder to partner McCarthy (with the ability to score, pass well, defend well and run with the ball. ie toure, fernandinho, gerrard to an extent)

we need another boss striker (hopefully to partner/rotate with Lukaku)

we need a more consistent Mirallas type winger

and we need an Arteta 08 player to unlock doors

Was going to say no we can't. But then I looked at the table (not for the first time in the last 24 hours) and we're only 11 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand. That doesn't seem like a massive gap, though you could argue that quite a few of our points have been earned by late goals, while quite a few of Liverpool and Man City's wins have been sewn up by half time.

Yes, probably not this season or next, but with the right investment and some CL football, I dont see why we cant within the next 10 years, its unlikely if certain things stay the same tho.

Yes, however I think that's slowly changing.

I know we bottled the FA Cup quarters, but on the other hand we beat Man U away (who weren't a total joke on the night).

Martinez has already started to instill a new positive mentality into the players already; I think that has been shown by our current form.

Absolutely, and credit to Martinez for that. Still some way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.