Calvert-Lewin is playing right now for Under 21s v Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray has been a regular , most of tonight's team are coming up from the U20s so Bothroyd is just mixing it up. I'd expect Lookman, Davies , Kenny to start the next match , maybe DCL more central.

Gray's output at this level is currently higher than Lookman's so can't really agree with the Everton bias here.

I guess. Gray is quite frankly the most wasteful player I've ever seen despite his unreal talent. I just wouldn't have him in my team

Gray is a very good prospect for the future

...watching one of the summer tournaments I got the impression Boothroyd wasn’t overly keen on Gray. Boothroyd actually picked the young lad from Norwich ahead of Gray for some games.

I enjoyed that game. Good one-touch play by England and a spirited performance by an outclassed Scotland.

DC-L is such an elegant player to watch but it's one thing doing it in this company and quite another against the hairy-ersed defenders of the likes of Burnley or WBA.

Interesting. I did not see the game and I rate DCL but elegant is not a word I would associate his game with

...watching one of the summer tournaments I got the impression Boothroyd wasn’t overly keen on Gray. Boothroyd actually picked the young lad from Norwich ahead of Gray for some games.
I watched long enough to catch Boothroyd admitting after the game that their balance wasn't good,with no left footed players . Thinking retrospectively I didn't realise that none of the starters were left footed, a big weakness , allowing the opposition to know which way you'd like to move. Lookman on the left , although naturally right footed he has a decent left foot , and moving DCL to the right would have been the obvious move. And of course Dowell would have added left foot variety.

I watched long enough to catch Boothroyd admitting after the game that their balance wasn't good,with no left footed players . Thinking retrospectively I didn't realise that none of the starters were left footed, a big weakness , allowing the opposition to know which way you'd like to move. Lookman on the left , although naturally right footed he has a decent left foot , and moving DCL to the right would have been the obvious move. And of course Dowell would have added left foot variety.

It's shocking we don't have a decent left-back at that level except Chilwell really. I'm surprised Brentford's Rico Henry doesn't get pushed up from the U20's.

It's shocking we don't have a decent left-back at that level except Chilwell really. I'm surprised Brentford's Rico Henry doesn't get pushed up from the U20's.

..I know lots hold Chilwell in high regard but he definitely has defensive mistakes in his game that concern me. He often looks like a penalty waiting to happen with timing of his tackles. Only a young lad, of course, so time to improve that aspect of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.