Cahill = Mr Fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Player Valuation: £35m
Plays as a striker when we have none. Today plays great in Midfield when we have no Arteta, not as good but got the job done.

I was slating him early in the season and last season for his work rate and input more than anything, but he's increased that tenfold and still grabbing goals too. Key player.

He did well when he moved back, gave us balance and kept things moving well. Similar to what he did in the last 10 minutes against Blackburn.

Maybe he is the man to fill in for Arteta, he got the nod over both Osman and Fellaini suprisingly.

Never hides and always willing to have the ball. Play him like we did in the 2nd half and Fellaini further up. :D

He has had a great season really, one of my contenders for Player of the season, but there are other players who are staking their claim in that prize.

He certainly started off slow, like all of our players bar Jags and Neville. Spurs game onwards they've all been first class, Cahill especially.

He did well when he moved back, gave us balance and kept things moving well. Similar to what he did in the last 10 minutes against Blackburn.

Maybe he is the man to fill in for Arteta, he got the nod over both Osman and Fellaini suprisingly.

Definately, that switch to the middle for him was key to us winning.

He made himself available for the ball in the middle and kept the ball moving really well - we were much more fluid second half.

Really wouldnt have said he might be the man to step into the role Arteta left but in the circumstances he seems the only one that offers a viable alternative.

I love him loads.

Definately, that switch to the middle for him was key to us winning.

He made himself available for the ball in the middle and kept the ball moving really well - we were much more fluid second half.

Really wouldnt have said he might be the man to step into the role Arteta left but in the circumstances he seems the only one that offers a viable alternative.

I love him loads.

We obviously don't have anyone who can control a game like Mikel so a no nonsense partnership like Cahill and Neville might be the way forward for the rest of the season. We need to find a way to compete and the balance obviously hasn’t been right since Mikel got injured. Cahill doesn’t shy away from the ball either.

It’s an interchangeable system when you think about it. Osman and Pienaar can swap wings, Cahill and Fellaini could swap positions and Saha can always play on the left so Osman can move centrally (if needed).

Putting Rodwell and Neville in the center of the park was worthless. They are both DMs.

Timmy came in and added life in the middle and made some terrific passes.

I still like Timmy at striker though. No fault of his own but with his work-rate in the midfield, he is in the middle of everything which leaves him open to getting injured. The no-talent dirty combo of Pogatez and Huth would have broken his leg if we had to return to Teeside.

We obviously don't have anyone who can control a game like Mikel so a no nonsense partnership like Cahill and Neville might be the way forward for the rest of the season. We need to find a way to compete and the balance obviously hasn’t been right since Mikel got injured. Cahill doesn’t shy away from the ball either.

It’s an interchangeable system when you think about it. Osman and Pienaar can swap wings, Cahill and Fellaini could swap positions and Saha can always play on the left so Osman can move centrally (if needed).

Absolutely. We have time to work on it as a suitable alternative, as I said not ideal but at least we played the ball a little in the second half.

Incidentally, talking about how horrid we are without Arteta: we've won two and drawn two since he went off injured which isnt too bad like.

We'd get spanked by someone good though.

We need Saha starting. Let's hope he decides he's ok to play from the start from now on. I like that he's such a special case he gets to decide whether he's fit or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.