But for an injury.....top Everton crocked XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pistone is a shoe in.. so are Williamson and Farrelly (especially Gareth as he nearly died from one of his problems)

1. Richard Wright
2. Tony Hibbert
3. Alessandro Pistone
4. Mark Higgins
5. Slaven Bilic
6. Darron Gibson
7. Rodrigo
8. Jack Rodwell
9. Davy Smallman
10. Danny Williamson
11. Gareth Farrelly
Subs: John Ebbrell, Mo Johnson, Bernie Wright (pished)

Paul Bracewell and Adrian Heath. Two of the best players ever at Everton. Both suffered terrible injuries that didn't end their careers, but certainly affected their respective games and futures. Both did play again, and played well. In Fact, even when they were playing at their worst they were better than anyone we have had since. But before Inchy got crocked by Marwood and Brace was played with a floating bone in his ankle, both players were spectacular.

Heath - the perfect little striker. Impossible to play against when at his best. Knew where the goal was.

Bracewell - the absolute best passer of the ball I have ever seen play for Everton (Im only 48 so I didn't ever watch anything before 1975). Complemented the battling and ball winning (which Brace did well at too) in the engine room of a perfect Everton 4-4-2 system.

Oh the days!
Inchy's birthday today.

only if by 'Acceptable' you mean having him (and his mate) was a condition of the sponsorship money - lower championship / Cleverly standard at best

Nah you are wrong there with Li Tie.

Firstly Moyes was linked with him before the sponsorship and he was fairly well regarded by a few people.

The season he played for us he was very important to how we played and was doing great when we finished 7th that year until he got injured and we went off the rails a bit. He played in pretty much every game until then and Moyes doesnt strike me as the type who would play someone for a sponsorship deal, nor would he then go and sign him again after the deal had finished.

He is a player in a long list who get oddly remembered as being bad when they really were not (Carl Tiler, Terry Phelan, Thomas Myhre etc). Obviously never a world beater but he was a very good passer of the ball and worked hard in midfield.

Li Wiefeng was rubbish like (though only played once).

Snods, Inchy, Tony Grant, James Vaughan, Higgins, way too many to list without slumping into a depression to be honest!

Nah you are wrong there with Li Tie.

Firstly Moyes was linked with him before the sponsorship and he was fairly well regarded by a few people.

The season he played for us he was very important to how we played and was doing great when we finished 7th that year until he got injured and we went off the rails a bit. He played in pretty much every game until then and Moyes doesnt strike me as the type who would play someone for a sponsorship deal, nor would he then go and sign him again after the deal had finished.

He is a player in a long list who get oddly remembered as being bad when they really were not (Carl Tiler, Terry Phelan, Thomas Myhre etc). Obviously never a world beater but he was a very good passer of the ball and worked hard in midfield.

Li Wiefeng was rubbish like (though only played once).
Spot on! I always thought Li Tie was solid?

Status
Not open for further replies.