But for an injury.....top Everton crocked XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Bracewell and Adrian Heath. Two of the best players ever at Everton. Both suffered terrible injuries that didn't end their careers, but certainly affected their respective games and futures. Both did play again, and played well. In Fact, even when they were playing at their worst they were better than anyone we have had since. But before Inchy got crocked by Marwood and Brace was played with a floating bone in his ankle, both players were spectacular.

Heath - the perfect little striker. Impossible to play against when at his best. Knew where the goal was.

Bracewell - the absolute best passer of the ball I have ever seen play for Everton (Im only 48 so I didn't ever watch anything before 1975). Complemented the battling and ball winning (which Brace did well at too) in the engine room of a perfect Everton 4-4-2 system.

Oh the days!

Paul Bracewell and Adrian Heath. Two of the best players ever at Everton. Both suffered terrible injuries that didn't end their careers, but certainly affected their respective games and futures. Both did play again, and played well. In Fact, even when they were playing at their worst they were better than anyone we have had since. But before Inchy got crocked by Marwood and Brace was played with a floating bone in his ankle, both players were spectacular.

Heath - the perfect little striker. Impossible to play against when at his best. Knew where the goal was.

Bracewell - the absolute best passer of the ball I have ever seen play for Everton (Im only 48 so I didn't ever watch anything before 1975). Complemented the battling and ball winning (which Brace did well at too) in the engine room of a perfect Everton 4-4-2 system.

Oh the days!
Great shouts.

Another who's career wan't ended by injury but was defo affected was Luis Saha.

Then again, we probably wouldn't have ever got him if his career hadn't been affected so much.

maccas 3-5-2 formation

GK Nigel Martyn

RCB Ian Snodin
CB Slaven Billic
LCB Bryan Oviedo

RWB Yannick Bolasie
CM Norman Whiteside
DCM Joe Parkinson
CM Billy Kenny
LWB Dan Gosling

CF Adrian Heath
CF Yakubu

Subs :
Paul Bracewell
Darron Gibson

maccas 3-5-2 formation

GK Nigel Martyn

RCB Ian Snodin
CB Slaven Billic
LCB Bryan Oviedo

RWB Yannick Bolasie
CM Norman Whiteside
DCM Joe Parkinson
CM Billy Kenny
LWB Dan Gosling

CF Adrian Heath
CF Yakubu

Subs :
Paul Bracewell
Darron Gibson

Mate, Bolasie at RWB? That's all, won't start on any others. :p

Tommy Wright was my first memory Higgins/Whiteside as many have said was 1st class, plus I honestly think Bryan Robson wouldn't have won half the caps if Brace hadn't been crocked. John Ebbrell's career was also cut short

Status
Not open for further replies.