Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on here said that the point deduction would put the management, team, and supporters back in lock step with each other, and they were 100% right. Us winning this much is absolutely the best outcome of all that and is really poetic. Loving the ride right now
I think it is only partly that. The other part is knowing that if you pressure, your teammates will as well, that you have confidence that your teammmate will win the ball and play a progressive pass to you, etc.. that only comes with positive experience that build on itself, i.e. self reinforcing.

have felt for years that while we all love Coleman for a number of qualities he has, he just isn't a captain...tarks is
Tarkowski would disagree mate, called our Seamus as the best leader he has come across. I agree with you that Tarkowski’s style of leadership suits me more, that vocal, lead by example, grab the enemey by the plum-sack type of captain. But Seamus‘ style being different shouldn’t detract from that fact that so many players cite him as an exemplary captain, I have heard him name checked by team mates (past and present) more than any other captain we have had. Even Lampard stated he had never seen anyone as good with the players as Seamus was.

I went for Onana, his physicality make such a difference in our midfield, him Garner and Doucs are so effective in midfield for us. But special mention should go to our substitutes, who in recent weeks have come on and made a difference. That shows the depth of team spirit at the club now. Part time players coming onto the pitch and not sulking or playing in a half arsed manner, but giving their all and making it look like they were first choice, we haven't seen that level of team spirit since the Kendall era.

Dyche gets a lot of stick by the media, by other fans as well as our own. But all I have seen so far is a management team who have work fantastically with what they have. Who have stopped us shipping goals, stopped us collapsing every time we concede, stopped us being bullied by absolutely every side we face and stopped boring the [Poor language removed] out of us.

I hope we keep him, I hope the club backs him as much as ffp will allow and lets him keep improving the team, because I will tell you what, he has brought the pride back to this club, and for that he deserves our utter respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.