Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it all from a Burnley fan forum:
Was always going to be tough this season and I expected us to be in a relegation battle but we're not even close to making it even that. We've played a number of teams who have fielded weakened teams due to injuries etc and not landed a glove on them.

Last edited:

A bit of joy at the end of a crappy week after my Dad had passed away. UTFT! 3 more points, I can get used to this. Keggers MOM.
Been there myself, as infuriating as they can be at times, (though perhaps not right now for a change!) every now and then they can just bring you that little bit of joy that you can lose yourself in.

Mick Keggers. Who'd have think it!

It’s the Keane Conundrum: he’s a very good player ***until he makes that terrible mistake.

Maybe there are some players who just shouldn’t play in the back four (three)(five) because they struggle with the psychological aspect of making a big mistake which instantly becomes a goal. I thought Young looked decent in a winger role, I think he knows that he can be torched by good attackers at age 38 and he plays fullback scared (hence the stupid fouls). If he coughs it up or misses a tackle in the middle of the park it’s not fatal.

Can’t help but like Keane, if for no other moment than the goal that started the comeback against Palace.

It’s the Keane Conundrum: he’s a very good player ***until he makes that terrible mistake.

Maybe there are some players who just shouldn’t play in the back four (three)(five) because they struggle with the psychological aspect of making a big mistake which instantly becomes a goal. I thought Young looked decent in a winger role, I think he knows that he can be torched by good attackers at age 38 and he plays fullback scared (hence the stupid fouls). If he coughs it up or misses a tackle in the middle of the park it’s not fatal.

Can’t help but like Keane, if for no other moment than the goal that started the comeback against Palace.
I know what you mean, however he has been a complete liability at times. When he's good, he's very good, when he's bad, he's rotten.

Been on the ale since half time and just got in. Credit where credit is due for for Keane, one of his best games for us after 6 years at the club.

Burnley didn’t have much and we were comfortable with them having the ball. However, better teams might punish us. That’s why McNeil and DCL need to put their first half chances away, can’t always rely on set pieces.

It’s only once you remove Doucoure that you miss what he brings to the team outside his goals. We just didn’t even bother pressing up the pitch in the 2nd half. Hopefully his injury isn’t too bad as we are looking rather light for Fulham.

End of the day it’s 4 from 4 with no goals conceded UTFT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.