Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see us struggling if either of Keane or Godfrey are at the back. That's just how bad I think they are. So bad that i'd actually start like this:

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Onana Mykolenko
Young Doucoure Garner McNeill
Harrison
DCL​

Fingers crossed for a win, but got a feeling we'll draw this.

Hope I'm wrong

UTFT
Agreed.

Since we won't have Branthwaite, it's tough to expect a result. We could certainly get one, but that's a major loss

And shows how paper thin our squad is. I would love to get proper cover for our CBs in January

A draw would be ok here.
I just hope for the same attitude as the last few games, that we go out to get the three points.
It feels weird to hope to win four in a row, but that comes with supporting Everton. The win is there for the taking.
Wonder when we last won four league games in succession?

A draw would be ok here.
I just hope for the same attitude as the last few games, that we go out to get the three points.
It feels weird to hope to win four in a row, but that comes with supporting Everton. The win is there for the taking.
Wonder when we last won four league games in succession?
Mate, we have just wellied the barcodes and chelski off the pitch, we genuinely shouldn't be staining our knicks over big bad Burnley surely? They are utter garbage, so i am going fir us comfortably maintaining our winning streak and our boss away form! Jarrad is a big loss, but the entire team is playing well, not just him. We will volley these curly teethed meffs into oblivion as the big blue machine marches on to glory!

Mate, we have just wellied the barcodes and chelski off the pitch, we genuinely shouldn't be staining our knicks over big bad Burnley surely? They are utter garbage, so i am going fir us comfortably maintaining our winning streak and our boss away form! Jarrad is a big loss, but the entire team is playing well, not just him. We will volley these curly teethed meffs into oblivion as the big blue machine marches on to glory!
I agree completely, just the last 30 years has permanently shifted my outlook I'm afraid. It's a defence mechanism against disappointment. I'm really enjoying this run of form but can't help pondering when will "Everton, that" next make an appearance. Let's hope it takes some extended leave, into Christmas and beyond.

We should be realistic. Although we have won games recently (and deserved to), they weren't games that were 'put to bed early'. A slice of bad luck (Man Utd's opener) or a mistake could put us on the back foot and we aren't good/expansive enough when chasing games. A draw (though disappointing after our recent results) wouldn't be a bad thing.

I agree completely, just the last 30 years has permanently shifted my outlook I'm afraid. It's a defence mechanism against disappointment. I'm really enjoying this run of form but can't help pondering when will "Everton, that" next make an appearance. Let's hope it takes some extended leave, into Christmas and beyond.
‘Everton that’ will definitely mke a reappearance, but i dont think it will be with these. I reckon Dyche will tell ours to sit back and let them flood forward ( as the home fans will be demanding) and we smack their arses on the break :)

Agreed.

Since we won't have Branthwaite, it's tough to expect a result. We could certainly get one, but that's a major loss

And shows how paper thin our squad is. I would love to get proper cover for our CBs in January
The gap in quality between our starting centre halves and our bench gives me actual nightmares. Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat with the visceral image of Michael Keane vacating his position to miss a tackle on the halfway line seared into my frontal cortex

Why? Can't we, in theory, simply outscore them?
In theory, yes.

In reality, I can envision Burnley playing this tight, knowing this is a real chance at points for them. So if not having our first choice pairing costs us a goal, then that's one more goal we need in an already tough away fixture against a side that arguably needs this game more than we do.

And we also aren't blessed with finishers.

I understand Michael Keane is a calamitious liability but we won games with Ashley Young in the lineup and it's only coming from one journalist so far but supposedly he picked up a knock in training so there's a possibility he won't be available, so people can stop soaking their briefs. If we play them like we did in the cup we'll be fine

Don't see any reason we should fear Burnley. Whilst we've both had good results, I think we've started to get things right especially in away games, I would expect that to continue. There's the loss of Branthwaite of course I think just that one change can be negated. Onana comes in for Gueye.

Status
Not open for further replies.