Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How simple can it be, your 3-1 up, just keep hold of the ball and knock it around, not keep giving it back to the opposition.
We did until it was 3-0, they scored and then started pressing a lot harder. We put ourselves under pressure a bit until we got to grips with it. We then changed our game to counter it. We are very comfortable, and are going to score at least 2 more.

Ha true. Just seems to me that a few seasons ago there seemed to be a few more upsets and that the gap has widened.
Think it just gets bigger and bigger each season mate. Sometimes wonder why I bother when we have nothing to play for every season.

Silva knows what he's doing, he just doesn't have many options. Gomes has been horrible and if we don't figure out a way to get whoever is tackling Pickford off of him on corners, they will score again.

Would be SOOOOO nice for us to just play our guys into space and bury these clowns. There is TONs of room on the pitch for us to play behind them. I would like to see another central mid and just play with two strikers. 5-3-2 would be fine. Two defensive mids and a pivot - Siggy playing balls behind the defense for DCL and Walcott to run on to. But if Gana isn't healthy, I don't know who the heck it would be. I don't trust Davies back there. Baines? Can you imagine?

I´d say the gap between us and Burnley is probably similar to the gap between us and Spurs. On Sunday they went in 3-1 up at half time and ended up winning 6-2. Let´s see how we do in a similar circumstance today.

Very little to do with ability and everything to do with mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.