Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERTON THAT!!

• Burnley scored first, fell behind, and then came back to win a Premier League match for the first time in their history. For Everton, it was the first time they’d conceded first, gone ahead, and then lost a Premier League game since October 2019 against Brighton.

Frank says none of the injured/sick players will be fit for Man Utd game, so same again. Can't believe MU will be so crap they will fail to beat us. Just have to hope.

I am the Evertonian from Hong Kong, that i registered account because of the club lost the match.

I have been supporting the Blues since a 1-2 lost between Everton v Chelsea in 2009 FA Cup Final and the worst I’ve ever felt is when Rafael managed us.

For now....the Benitez effect....i knew he'd bring trouble at the start. we still didn't overcame that Spanish waiter.

BTW,Taking of Gordon with 15 minutes to go was nuts, our best player on the night...
*sniff sniff*

Doesn't help that United will be pushing to keep pressure on top four, but they're definitely not unbeatable. Just whether the players are up to it.

Realistically, there is no hope. We've been chasing hope since October and there's just no improvement. Who really still believes in getting 3-5 wins? We didn't manage to get points against Watford, Norwich and Burnley.

If we lose to Man Utd at the weekend and Burnley win at Norwich, we'll slip in the bottom 3 and we'll stay there until the end.

Realistically, there is no hope. We've been chasing hope since October and there's just no improvement. Who really still believes in getting 3-5 wins? We didn't manage to get points against Watford, Norwich and Burnley.

If we lose to Man Utd at the weekend and Burnley win at Norwich, we'll slip in the bottom 3 and we'll stay there until the end.
And we can get rid of half this squad and start again, I actually think it's for the best.

Yes we do. But after spending 500m for the privilege, certain actions need to be taken from top down. We've been ill run for far too long. Admittedly, it was fun throwing the cash about in the beginning but now its just embarrassing. The sleeping giant has just slipped into a coma, with little chance of ever waking up. Just disappointed by the whole thing. My mate text me last night and said "24th April 2022. The last league Merseyside derby". Usually I bite back, but this comment hit hard.
Very sad but I fear very true.

Buddy ,there is not if we lose to united ,or if burnley win at Norwich....it's a foregone conclusion ..and it just hurts like hell to admit it.

Nightmare thought, opening match of the 22/23 season, away to MK Dons!
No please, please.
C'mon Norwich, you're gone, do us a favour?

Don't get why people think we need 3 wins etc to survive, we don't, we just need to match whatever the equally [Poor language removed] Burnley do. We're a point above them, if they only get 3 points between now and the end of the season then we still only need 2. Watford and Norwich are gone already IMHO, we are not going down.

Watford are not gone. They have us at home still to come.

I have just, this minute, found out we lost to Burnley....lol. Shows you how much i care anymore . But, I'm haphazarding, the Everton is me always will care...and there's the rub. This present incarnation of Everton represents everything rotten...I hate this useless, spineless, rudderless, mercenary team. And I have nothing left in my locker of opprobrium to describe how much I hate them.

I'm actually starting to get really angry with the happy clappers who prattle on about "positivity" now and want us all to pretend that we played well last night. Wake up you utter spanners ffs! We offered nothing going forward and couldn't score from open play against one of the worst teams in the league. We where an embarrassment at the back as always and we where creativity void in midfield. What else is there ffs?!

The two goals we scored make the game sound more competitive then it really was. There was only one team ever going win last night and it wasn't us. Burnley knew how to play us right from the off, they let us have as much of the ball as we wanted (while being hussled and harried for it to tire the team out) knowing full well that we'd do nothing with it. They knew they'd have plenty of chances to put goals away. A halfway decent team would've beaten us 5 or 6-2. Seriously if you want to pretend that we played well for the sake of your own sanity then fair play, you go for it and be happy. Just stop demanding that the rest of us brainwash ourselves as much as you have and go along with your utter nonsense.
I’m not a happy clapper but we were the better team but couldn’t beat a very poor Burnley team because our own unenforced mistakes gave Burnley the opportunity the three chances they had to score the goals that gave them victory. The two goals we scored gave us the opportunity to pack the defence and make it harder for Burnley to score, we never had the nouse to do this, Lampard could have used Delph and Colman instead of bringing Rondon on with four minutes to go and not using the other sub. at all. Not beating or even drawing with a pathetic Burnley team proves how really poor and pathetic WE are, it’s been there for months, for all to see, how bad we are and this squad has been badly formed over six years through an owner, who needed help from the man he trusted to run the club who sadly and greedily looked after himself and his own bank account.

I’m not a happy clapper but we were the better team but couldn’t beat a very poor Burnley team because our own unenforced mistakes gave Burnley the opportunity the three chances they had to score the goals that gave them victory. The two goals we scored gave us the opportunity to pack the defence and make it harder for Burnley to score, we never had the nouse to do this, Lampard could have used Delph and Colman instead of bringing Rondon on with four minutes to go and not using the other sub. at all. Not beating or even drawing with a pathetic Burnley team proves how really poor and pathetic WE are, it’s been there for months, for all to see, how bad we are and this squad has been badly formed over six years through an owner, who needed help from the man he trusted to run the club who sadly and greedily looked after himself and his own bank account.
This. Burnley didnt play good at all. They were as [Poor language removed] as us. That they managed to beat us, and despite not scoring for weeks and suddenly put 3 against us, tellsyou everythng you need to know.

Or maybe also Dyches comments. “wasn’t sure Everton knew how to win a game, especially away from home”. You cant get much more humiliating but on the point nevertheless, than this.

I know there were so many what if's from last night (and from the rest of the season), but the biggest one that stands out for me last night was when Richarlison was played through one-on-one with Nick Pope and all he had to do was hit the target. That was at 2-1. He scores that = we would have likely gone on to win the game. Absolutely gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.