Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think leeds is our best bet, after watford this weekend they have palace, city arsenal and Chelsea, they may get nothing from those 4 games and only have 2 fixtures left after that then.......obviously we are going to need a couple of wins to get along side them but that goes without saying anyhow

Don't get why people think we need 3 wins etc to survive, we don't, we just need to match whatever the equally [Poor language removed] Burnley do. We're a point above them, if they only get 3 points between now and the end of the season then we still only need 2. Watford and Norwich are gone already IMHO, we are not going down.
Burnley will get a xoiple of wins at least mate.

We also have the hardest fixtures in the league remaining and a cowardly squad.

Never slept a wink ,I just cannot see us having the fight to survive . We were not capable of beating burnley ,and all you have to do is look at our run of next matches .. I fear total capitulation is upon us. Burnley will defs pick up more points than us over the end of the season. I'm that much in despair there is a distinct possibilty that it will be too late come the last 2 or so games .. Christ I hope I'm wrong and some bloody miracle happens. Thank God it's my day off,I'm just gony lay here and let the slabbers run onto the pillow and hope I wake from this nitemare.

I'm actually starting to get really angry with the happy clappers who prattle on about "positivity" now and want us all to pretend that we played well last night. Wake up you utter spanners ffs! We offered nothing going forward and couldn't score from open play against one of the worst teams in the league. We where an embarrassment at the back as always and we where creativity void in midfield. What else is there ffs?!

The two goals we scored make the game sound more competitive then it really was. There was only one team ever going win last night and it wasn't us. Burnley knew how to play us right from the off, they let us have as much of the ball as we wanted (while being hussled and harried for it to tire the team out) knowing full well that we'd do nothing with it. They knew they'd have plenty of chances to put goals away. A halfway decent team would've beaten us 5 or 6-2. Seriously if you want to pretend that we played well for the sake of your own sanity then fair play, you go for it and be happy. Just stop demanding that the rest of us brainwash ourselves as much as you have and go along with your utter nonsense.

That's the really worrying thing.
Our shiny new manager picks him ahead of Patterson and Mykolenko.
Just goes to show how deep the troubles run at Goodison.

Kenny has played longer at a higher level, has the most assists in our defence. Mykolenko has played and bombed. Patterson is now injured for the rest of the season.

Hands are tied.

We are shot , gone.
Dyche is right , this team has forgotten how to win and will panic under pressure.
There is virtually no chance of us staying up IMO.
Sadly we will absolutely deserve relegation and it is very difficult to see us coming back in the short term.
Yes we do. But after spending 500m for the privilege, certain actions need to be taken from top down. We've been ill run for far too long. Admittedly, it was fun throwing the cash about in the beginning but now its just embarrassing. The sleeping giant has just slipped into a coma, with little chance of ever waking up. Just disappointed by the whole thing. My mate text me last night and said "24th April 2022. The last league Merseyside derby". Usually I bite back, but this comment hit hard.

Don't get why people think we need 3 wins etc to survive, we don't, we just need to match whatever the equally [Poor language removed] Burnley do. We're a point above them, if they only get 3 points between now and the end of the season then we still only need 2. Watford and Norwich are gone already IMHO, we are not going down.
Not entirely true when their goal difference is better then ours

Status
Not open for further replies.