Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford: panics whenever the ball is played back to him, just smashes it as hard as he can, instils no confidence in his defence from corners. Despite being a better shot stopper, I’d play Begovic: calmer head.

Kenny: not a Premier League footballer.

Mykolenko: a bang average acquisition.

Godfrey: has looked abysmal this season, error strewn and lacking in concentration.

Branthwaite: bang average centre back.

Holgate: not a midfielder.

Iwobi: a bang average attacking midfielder on a good day; one of the worst to ever pull on the shirt when he’s having an off day.

Gordon: good prospect.

Richarlison: hate the way he sulks around the place, throwing himself to the floor.

Calvert-Lewin: has looked atrocious since his injury.
You missed out Doucoure. Quite simply one of the worst players I have ever seen with the ball at his feet.

This is real panic stations now.

The players look like they expect to concede and generally find a way to lose games.

Lampard has the look of a deer in headlights constantly.

The fans (I think I can speak for the vast vast majority of us) cannot stand this team with maybe one or two exceptions and definitely can’t stand a single member of the heirarchy behind the scenes.

We are a mess and comparing our fixtures to Burnley, I think the writing is on the wall unless we do something out of nowhere

It’s hard to contrive a way to lose that game it really is.

Given two penalties(and score them) against a team without one ounce of creativity, a side who has no idea how to score goals, have Aaron Lennon on the wing and Jay Rodrigues up front. Who’s only semblance of an attack is a set piece or hitting the channels.

How on earth do you lose that. Weak, pathetic, spineless losers. That’s what this bunch of players are.

Utd (H)
Leicester (H)
Liverpool (A)
Chelsea (H)
Leicester (A)
Watford (A)

Be lucky if we get 4 points from our next 6 games dependant on how bad Utd and Leicester are at goodison.

I still think Watford and Burnley will be around us by the Watford game and lose that we can start officially calling it a day as there'll be no coming back from that defeat to the final relegation candidate.
We finish away to Arsenal, a graveyard venue for us, whereas Burnley are at home to Newcastle, who will be mid table with many of their players ready to exit the club,so we need to be 3 points clear going into the last day to have any real hope.

We are a poor poor side and along with Norwich the worst in the prem.
We were 2-1 up and should have taken dcl off sat back and scored a third on the break but oh no that’s to complicated for our management team.
We are getting what we deserve Relegated
I am going Saturday to hopefully see ronaldo play but after that I’m finished with football ????
exactly - dcl doing sweet fa

Utd (H)
Leicester (H)
Liverpool (A)
Chelsea (H)
Leicester (A)
Watford (A)

Be lucky if we get 4 points from our next 6 games dependant on how bad Utd and Leicester are at goodison.

I still think Watford and Burnley will be around us by the Watford game and lose that we can start officially calling it a day as there'll be no coming back from that defeat to the final relegation candidate.
Lampard and the players can’t honestly see all these games that they will be loses, they seriously have to step up. Even after the terrible results, there are clear signs that have been learnt Braithwaite is better than Keane, Holgate can play in midfield, DCL is looking as aw full as he ever has also looks disinterested, Iwobi finally looks half decent Gordon is a good player. I just wish the manger would use some of the hungrier bench warmers.

Give it a rest mate. He's not even the worst midfielder we have.

You've hated Doucoure from the moment he arrived and completely ignored the small issue of him being one of the three or four best players in the squad last season. Yes he's having a poor run at the moment, but your complete lack of perspective is transparent.
He's absolutely atrocious, he's always been absolutely atrocious going back to Watford and with the unmentionable one out of the picture he's become imo the poster for why this club is where it is. We can't evaluate players, we can't value players, we can't buy players with a system and role in mind and it leads us to having absolute dog muck all over the place. No one exemplifies that more right now than Doucoure.

Status
Not open for further replies.