Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been through several managers over the past few seasons. None of them have been able to rile them up. Can't put the blame purely on him. Takes time to put a team together. They are not his team yet. Id put more blame on the board tbh. They were [Poor language removed] long before he arrived. Only 2 or 3 players show any heart at all. Too many players there for a pay packet and nothing else. Too many mistakes by so called professionals who can't even pass a ball.
9 games to go, we need at least three wins to be safe. I don’t see that coming based on last 9 games. Burnley has an easier run in. Can Frank get us there? I really doubt based on what’s on display so far.

The fat lady is certainly warming her vocal cords up for us now, we had to take something from the game tonight, just had to, and we managed to stuff it - it beggars belief.

Gave burnley all the momentum they need and they will absolutely use it now, when linked to our form and fixtures they will be licking their lips.

Ashamed of the majority of those players This season, and so sorry for the away fans yet again, I don’t know how they do it.

The defining thing is that we have played much better in the last two games, but still lost. If you’re playing badly and losing you feel you can improve. If you improve and still lose games theres no way out!

The individual errors are calamitous at times and always seem to lead directly to goals. Kenny for their second, committing himself. If you are not getting the ball, you should volley the player into the stand, not let him breeze past. Godfreys mistake is a shocker, as was Pickfords sliced clearance which put us in that position in the first place.

Sign of a good team is playing badly and still winning …. Playing “ well” and losing is a recipe for disaster as we are all seeing. And is “playing well” isn’t even good, it’s just better than we have played previously but still nowhere near good enough.

I genuinely think Tarkowski was the difference tonight.

Their right back was awful and he had a kid next to him.

They didn't concede from open play and he lead the line brilliantly.

Whereas ours spent the whole game panicking. No leaders, no quality.

There are only three teams below us in the league, we have lost to all of them.

One of those teams, Burnley, had won three games all season. They had also lost their last four and not scored a goal in over 400 minutes. We were given two penalties against them, and yet, somehow we still managed to lose.

We have the worst away form in the league.

We have the worst overall form in the league since about October.

We make more serious individual errors per game than many teams would make in a season.

Our fixtures are the worst out of the teams involved by a long way.

I can’t see any evidence whatsoever that points to us staying up now.

Team lacking in any character. Aside from Richarlison and Gordon they're all waiting for someone else to make it happen.
They're just crap players and can't be arsed. Every other club with crap players actually put effort in. Look at Brentford and Burnely. They both have zero business staying up given their squads, but they likely will now. It's effort and mindset. That's really all it comes down to.

Coleman, Delph and Allan all back for United.

We need to have some experience in the team because based on the back 5, we switched off or misread key aspects of the game which gave Burnley the win.

It's still possible well stay up, but would mean setting a record for lowest points total to survive.

Could be sub 30 points

Status
Not open for further replies.