Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lose this and we could actually be in the relegation zone tomorrow night depending on other results. Doesn't even bear thinking about. I am not sure that he can survive a loss tomorrow tbh. It wouldn't necessarily be a knee jerk reaction either because they are bound to have already been considering the possibility with us being so poor for this first 2 months of his second season. Even though we were better against City we still conceded 3 goals at home, missed plenty of chances, got beat and should have got something out of the game. You cannot just carry on getting beaten all the time. Something has to give.

Expecting us to beaten in this but will be delighted if we pull it out of the bag and go on a decent run.
We are 100% not in bottom 3 no matter if we lose tomorrow,basically because Norwich play villa,and toon need to beat man utd which is sunday

The only certainty as we know with this team is anything could happen
Consistently is not a trait we can boast of.
Mediocrity sometimes
Brilliance very rarely
Dreadfulness frequently
Perm any combination of the above tomorrow.
Can’t wait. Very exciting

I think we will need to score twice to win and that always makes me nervous
Can we do it,probably knowing us we will become the 1st team since Spurs lol

Burnley have gone on to lose their last five home league games in a row when they’ve conceded at least once, last winning without a clean sheet at Turf Moor against Spurs in February (2-1).

The 5 by way are Liverpool 3-0, Arsenal 3-1, Man City 1-0, Leicester 2-1,Palace 3-1.
If you include our 5-1 win there on boxing day,the last 6 times they have conceeded 1st at home,they have gone on to lose.
so all we need to do is score 1st lol

Can we do it,probably knowing us we will become the 1st team since Spurs lol

The 5 by way are Liverpool 3-0, Arsenal 3-1, Man City 1-0, Leicester 2-1,Palace 3-1.
If you include our 5-1 win there on boxing day,the last 6 times they have conceeded 1st at home,they have gone on to lose.
so all we need to do is score 1st lol
That's true of us no matter the opponent since we haven't turned around a deficit in ages and Marco has no idea what a controlled plan B is. He instead just tosses forwards on and prays.

All the TalkSport pundits forecasting a Burnley win ,except one, who goes 0-0. We need the same spirit that we showed against City. Burnley can be tough, we need to match them.

We are 100% not in bottom 3 no matter if we lose tomorrow,basically because Norwich play villa,and toon need to beat man utd which is sunday

Yeah i should have said after this weekends fixtures, not that it makes much difference. The fact that it is even possible is depressing enough.

I'd try:

Pickford
Coleman-Keane-Mina-Digne
Richy-Delph-Iwobi-Bernard
DCL-Kean

Midfield able to both attack and defend, one striker strong in the air and one shooter with pace

Status
Not open for further replies.