Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackburn have signed Rhodes for 8m, but it's 4.5m with add ons.

Why are people struggling to grasp this?

Hate to be with you all in a real crisis!

Am I being a ted by reading too much into this, and suspecting that we're priming ourselves ahead of Baines being sold in the near future? I.e. bring in Oviedo now, get him up to scratch and bedded-in, then have him as primary left-back once Baines is sold in the next window or two?

Nope... knowing our board... :(

He's a left mid, I don't think he's being bought just as Baines' cover. He's only 22 and looks a prospect.

And for those basing it on that youtube video, not only was the video aim to show him having a bad game, but also basing someone's ability on a youtube video is just cras.

Why are we buying him and spending what's left of our money on a reserve player? Makes absolutely no sense to me, and is a completely underwhelming signing.

Are there literally no central midfielders aside from Adam who can be bought for the same price to add extra competition to Gibson and Fellaini? Why sign a left back when Baines has probably four more years at the top of his game left?

Baffling.

Why are we buying him and spending what's left of our money on a reserve player? Makes absolutely no sense to me, and is a completely underwhelming signing.

Are there literally no central midfielders aside from Adam who can be bought for the same price to add extra competition to Gibson and Fellaini? Why sign a left back when Baines has probably four more years at the top of his game left?

Baffling.
Because id imagine, he isnt solely being bought for left back. Whos to say we are blowing all the money on him anyway? who can honestly say what all the money is?

Good going forward but suspect at defending? Sounds exactly like the description of Leighton Baines when he signed from Wigan.

This lad is 22 and won't be the finished article, but sounds a sound investment for 2 million quid.

What does 2 million get you these days? A quarter of a championship striker it seems!

This. Emphatically.

Everyone questioning the price and saying "too much for a reserve LB" would do well to pause and remind themselves how much we paid for Baines.... who arrived as a reserve LB and sat on the bench for a season watching Lescott.

Everyone saying we have Distin to cover LB should consider the possibility that he might not have much more than 18 months left in him. And also that he is our best starting CB.

By bringing Oviedo in we can let Garbutt go out on loan for a bit more development, which will be better than having him sit on the bench while Baines starts every game.

I just can't comprehend the view that Neville and Distin are all the cover we need for LB.

Wonder where he'll play? Obviously the Baines/Pienaar partnership has worked really well so you'd imagine they'd be first choice on the left flank.

If we're going to play a kind of 4-2-3-1 formation there seems some good competition for those 3 advanced positions between Pienaar, Naismith, Osman, Fellaini and Mirallas.

Add this fella into the mix, plus the likes of Guaye and we have some fine attacking options.

Status
Not open for further replies.