Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines isn't going anywhere. Not sure where they're getting the reported £5m fee from. Player in the danish league in the last year of his contract. I'd be surprised if he cost half that

Strange one. Trust Moyes though. Didn't realise he was so young. Back up to Baines and cover for Pienaar during the AFCON is welcome. Has he ever played center mid?

I dont think centre mid is a problem, heitinga, osman, neville, barkley and pienaar can all play there
Heitinga cannot do even half of what Gibson and Fellaini do at CM. And at his age he is not long-term competition for either of them.
Osman is FAR better as an attacking midfielder than a deep-lying, defensive or box-to-box type. Age again suggests he won't be a major factor in three years.
Neville is 34? 35?
Barkley.... would he develop better out on loan in the Championship? This might be a season too soon for him to break into the first team as genuine competition to Felli and Gibbo. And besides, is he not more seen as Ossie's long-term replacement in the more advanced role?
Pienaar is one half of the best left-side combo in the league. Why on earth do you even suggest him as an option at Gibbo's position? And once again, he isn't young.

We DO need a CM with strong defensive and passing skills. Maybe Junior is the guy, maybe he isn't.

Like the rodwell fee . We all think its 12 million but will probaly be 15 with addons . I think it will be 5 mill but on appreances . More than likely 2 million up front

The fee cannot be £5million surely, we wouldn't pay that for a player from the Danish league with 1year left on his contract who will probably be a back-up player.

Heitinga cannot do even half of what Gibson and Fellaini do at CM. And at his age he is not long-term competition for either of them.
Osman is FAR better as an attacking midfielder than a deep-lying, defensive or box-to-box type. Age again suggests he won't be a major factor in three years.
Neville is 34? 35?
Barkley.... would he develop better out on loan in the Championship? This might be a season too soon for him to break into the first team as genuine competition to Felli and Gibbo. And besides, is he not more seen as Ossie's long-term replacement in the more advanced role?
Pienaar is one half of the best left-side combo in the league. Why on earth do you even suggest him as an option at Gibbo's position? And once again, he isn't young.

We DO need a CM with strong defensive and passing skills. Maybe Junior is the guy, maybe he isn't.

agree with this. I'd rather see a centre mid bought in. Surely Moyes can find someone from the spanish league - the majority of the teams there appear to be pretty skint

Wy are people worried about the price, he's worth what ever we pay. We need players desperately an LB cove is essential. He can also play LW wich is cover for Pienaar when he's off to ACN in Jan. great bit of business if true by Moyes.

one thing you can't question the gaffer on is signings.

do people know if he is actually pacey? if so this is great news, as we will have baines,mirallas,coleman and this guy, massive improvement..something we have lacking for ages

Wy are people worried about the price, he's worth what ever we pay. We need players desperately an LB cove is essential. He can also play LW wich is cover for Pienaar when he's off to ACN in Jan. great bit of business if true by Moyes.

one thing you can't question the gaffer on is signings.

That's a good point about the ACN, very much coming round to this signing having looked into him a bit more. He's a quality player and very young. Pretty much like for like with Baines when we signed him but with more versatility too.

The fee cannot be £5million surely, we wouldn't pay that for a player from the Danish league with 1year left on his contract who will probably be a back-up player.

I cant see it either, unless moyes knows something we dont about baines

That's a good point about the ACN, very much coming round to this signing having looked into him a bit more. He's a quality player and very young. Pretty much like for like with Baines when we signed him but with more versatility too.

we have needed LB cover since lescott left but have survived, and will survive again.
5m going down the drain as baines will be in the first team for the next 5 years, and pienaar for the next 3.

at the end of the day a player that isnt needed, we have enough people that can cover there, neville and distin can easily fill in there.

It's probably more of a long term signing, even we pay 5m (i dont think we will) doesn't mean we wont see a CM being brought in too because nobody really knows how much money we actually have to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.