Bringing the Game into Disrepute - Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're allowed to criticise the referee's decision making, even slate it... You're just not allowed to question their motivation.

"The referee was terrible" is fine
"The referee was biased/corrupt" is not

It would have been really adding insult to injury for the FA to slap Martinez with a fine for telling it as it was.

Which is why I am very surprised they haven't. It looks like despite his anger RM chose his wirds carefully enough. Although I'm pleased with that decision it won't get us those two points back.

May have something to do with Mullarkey being the culprit and he has bee put forward for the 2016 Euros. And they are trying to brush it under the carpet. Mullarkey has form for getting decisions wrong.

Swansea v Sunderland. "Assistant referee Mike Mullarkey kept his flag down, although replays later showed Defoe to be offside in the act of scoring".

May have something to do with Mullarkey being the culprit and he has bee put forward for the 2016 Euros. And they are trying to brush it under the carpet. Mullarkey has form for getting decisions wrong.

Swansea v Sunderland. "Assistant referee Mike Mullarkey kept his flag down, although replays later showed Defoe to be offside in the act of scoring".

What happened to that girl who used to run the line & was the ending of the unlovely Gray/Keys combo? Every time she flagged, it was shown to be correct

Unbelievable if it was the same linesman. That was another highly dubious set of decisions in that game too. Wasn't a player wrongly sent off and 2 offside goals plus a dodgy penalty given.

The FA haven't charged Martinez and rightly so which is a great pity because had they done so it would have opened them up to scrutiny albeit not very much until a brave journalist really starts examining the dodgy decisions that have caused points to be dropped in matches ... And not just Everton.

What happened to that girl who used to run the line & was the ending of the unlovely Gray/Keys combo? Every time she flagged, it was shown to be correct

Sian Massey-Ellis. I don't think she has officiated this season in the premier league. But she is an international referee for women's football and there has been a lot of internationals, she may be doing that.

Unbelievable if it was the same linesman. That was another highly dubious set of decisions in that game too. Wasn't a player wrongly sent off and 2 offside goals plus a dodgy penalty given.

The FA haven't charged Martinez and rightly so which is a great pity because had they done so it would have opened them up to scrutiny albeit not very much until a brave journalist really starts examining the dodgy decisions that have caused points to be dropped in matches ... And not just Everton.

Mullarkey was also involved in a very bad wrong decision earlier in the season. But can't remember the game.

It was a terrible decision by the referee and Linesman. But I'll admit watching it live I thought Jags heading it on.

Doesn't excuse it as a simple conversation between the pair would have cleared it up.

How long will it take to have a video ref, in this day an age it's ridiculous decisions like this happen when it could have been chalked off by the time Terry had started his goal celebrations.

If you think back to the infamous Clattenburg derby, Moyes laid into him afterwards, and was immediately slapped with an FA charge.

It was quietly dropped and neither the FA nor Everton/Moyes mentioned it again. Makes you wonder why.

A few years ago I met a former Premier League ref at an event. Asked him about Clattenburg and he said he hadn't seen that game, but did mention that when he was a ref, they had Clive Thomas come in to give them a motivational talk. He said he was a bad tit - said that whenever he reffed and got an assessors report, he binned it without reading it as no-one in the stands was qualified to judge him.

This was before the days of professional referees - the guy I met quit reffing to focus on his career.

Sian Massey her name.

Probably (and statistically) the best linesman (lineswoman?) in the PL really.

Status
Not open for further replies.