Brighton....

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the local trains are off on Sunday.
All bus replacement services.
The lids coming down via london on the trains should be fine as its a different route.

Any local / southern based lids may well want to look this up.
Just saying like.

The only bus replacements are between angmering/arundel and Bognor Regis, further along the coast. There aren't any planned improvement works on the Brighton main line for Sunday so services should be running as normal. I would probably recommend getting the park and ride bus from Brighton anyway as Falmer station is a nightmare at the best of times.

The only bus replacements are between angmering/arundel and Bognor Regis, further along the coast. There aren't any planned improvement works on the Brighton main line for Sunday so services should be running as normal. I would probably recommend getting the park and ride bus from Brighton anyway as Falmer station is a nightmare at the best of times.
I looked at the trains from Southampton and it said all off ? That was last week, so i will check again later.
Train would be mega handy bevvy wise.

Last edited:

I looked at the trains from Southampton and it said all off ? That was last week, so i will check again later.
Train would be mega handy bevvy wise.

Yeah I think if you're coming from the west there may be issues with the trains, but seems fine on all other lines

Yepp! I said this about 5 weeks ago on twitter and got absolutely shot down by the “superblues”.

Farcical. No offence to Brighton, or us, but we’re hardly going to be a big draw in India are we?

Tried to buy tickets for this as the first game that I take my 4 year old to, but all sold out :-(

I used to live in Brighton for few years so would have been perfect fixture. Plus I could drive down from London.

Bit gutted!

....if you are travelling South remember that BHAFC pay some of your travelling costs.

If travelling down to the Amex Stadium by train, and hold a valid match ticket, you only need to buy a return ticket to Haywards Heath. The rest of the journey to Falmer Station via Brighton Station or Lewes is paid for.
Similarly, from the West you only need to buy a ticket to Worthing and from the East the trip from Eastbourne is paid for.
If changing at Brighton there are loads of pubs and cafes etc. in the Station and North Laine area.
Lewes is a nice town with some good pubs etc.. Central Brighton and Lewes are equi distant to the Amex.

However, if you are travelling by car, there is some parking close to the stadium costing £15, which has to be booked in advance via the Club.
Alternatively use the Free Park and Ride. You park in one of three Car parks and bus takes you to Amex and back. Again this is funded by BHAFC. Again Valid match ticket needed.
The three car parks are Mill Road, best from London and the North.
Then there is Brighton University, in Lewes Road, and Brighton Race Course.

You can check all this on website www.footballcities.co.uk (Mods permitting). The website is non profit making and raises money for charity. You can also see much more about the city and club.
You may also like the photo on the top of the facebook page, which can be clicked from site..
Enjoy your journey.

Looks like all of you that are travelling have sorted your journeys etc. out.
Hope trains work out right for you all.
Don't forget buses on the Albion Park & Ride scheme are free, together with all buses from city centre, i.e. 25, 28, 29 to Amex and University of Sussex are free all with a valid match ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.