Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A point on the road against Brighton would have been okay had we not come so close to winning the game. It really stings that we've thrown away another golden opportunity to put a bit of a safety net between us and the bottom three. Poor decision to bring Young on for Doucouré to help see the game out, but I guess that's how it goes with Sean Dyche.

A point on the road against Brighton would have been okay had we not come so close to winning the game. It really stings that we've thrown away another golden opportunity to put a bit of a safety net between us and the bottom three. Poor decision to bring Young on for Doucouré to help see the game out, but I guess that's how it goes with Sean Dyche.

….not sure the Young substitution impacted the result, our inability to keep possession is what cost us and that’s down to a lack of quality.

Dunk is a real threat, remember the ‘goal’ he scored in the home game that was ruled out through VAR. He’s a top player for them. Like last week, posters are understandably frustrated, it was a big blow and it’s natural we look for somebody to blame.

Don't try and twist it round with that nonesense. We won't get anyone. No one will come and manage us in this situation. We can't even keep the lights on, we will soon not be able to pay wages, we don't have an owner and may well be deducted more points.

That doesn't change the fact that Dyche will take us down and that he is an unbelievably 💩💩💩💩 manager. In the same way that the only thing that saved us under Lampard was the atmosphere generated by the fans, we need to give Dyche pelters and let him know this is unacceptable and stop singing his praises for being awful. We only stay up if we start working on our attacking play. As fans we need to force the issue and make it clear.
What nonsense?! Who would take a team on in the situation we are in? 10 points deducted and more possible.

I don’t need to spell it out that we haven’t got the squad to play attacking expansive football. Everyone agrees the football is terrible, but half the team can’t pass 3 yards ffs! Most of them he inherited.

Doucoure was unlucky with his effort. He does well with these inside of the foot volleys. I think he is actually trying to control it but because his first touch is so poor it turns into a good effort on goal

What nonsense?! Who would take a team on in the situation we are in? 10 points deducted and more possible.

I don’t need to spell it out that we haven’t got the squad to play attacking expansive football. Everyone agrees the football is terrible, but half the team can’t pass 3 yards ffs! Most of them he inherited.
How many times?????

We do not need to have expansive football. We just need to have SOME concept of attacking football, SOME attacking play and not be so negative all the time. As individuals our attacking players are better than a fair few sides down the bottom yet they play like they couldn't create if they were up against an amateur side. That's on Dyche.

People need to stop making excuses for him. You all know as well as I do that even if he had the best players we would still play in a similar manner. It's the willingness to praise, not just begrudgingly accept, the lowest of low standards that has spread all through the club from boardroom to terraces that has left us so bad compared to what we once were.

Blows my mind.

Don't try and twist it round with that nonesense. We won't get anyone. No one will come and manage us in this situation. We can't even keep the lights on, we will soon not be able to pay wages, we don't have an owner and may well be deducted more points.

That doesn't change the fact that Dyche will take us down and that he is an unbelievably 💩💩💩💩 manager. In the same way that the only thing that saved us under Lampard was the atmosphere generated by the fans, we need to give Dyche pelters and let him know this is unacceptable and stop singing his praises for being awful. We only stay up if we start working on our attacking play. As fans we need to force the issue and make it clear.
If you think putting emojis into your text to avoid using words that trip the bad language filter will save you from getting a warning... you are very much mistaken.

Bit harsh, they suffered big time in the 90s losing the Goldstone ground and having to move to Gillingham for two seasons. Then to an athletics track with 6k so they had a generation of fans locked out for nearly 15 years.

Were a top flight team in the 1980s who fell on hard times but have risen back up like Fulham did in the 2000s and it feels sustainable for now.

As for the game generally have a good record at this ground. Dyche also picked up some good results down at the Amex when at Burnley so will go for a solid 1-1 today.
I stand over my opinion i just don't like them.:D We were unlucky not to win that one i think.

….not sure the Young substitution impacted the result, our inability to keep possession is what cost us and that’s down to a lack of quality.

Dunk is a real threat, remember the ‘goal’ he scored in the home game that was ruled out through VAR. He’s a top player for them. Like last week, posters are understandably frustrated, it was a big blow and it’s natural we look for somebody to blame.

I don't think bringing on a player of lesser quality helped, especially when we were coping well enough and didn't really need to change anything. It was poor game management, but that's just my opinion of course.