Match Thread Brighton HA v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our football is some of the worst in the PL this season, if I was a broadcaster I`d want to show exciting attacking teams and games with goals. Not Everton sat on their 18 yard box looking to nick a set piece.... Even WBA have shown more attacking intent than us...
For some reason none of the team look capable of beating a defender. Maybe except for James but he’s not exactly going to make a blistering 50 yard run into the opposition box.

To be fair we should have scored a hatful against palace but in games like Burnley we have looked toothless.

For some reason none of the team look capable of beating a defender. Maybe except for James but he’s not exactly going to make a blistering 50 yard run into the opposition box.

To be fair we should have scored a hatful against palace but in games like Burnley we have looked toothless.

Why do we not make more chances? Because we always win the ball back in our defensive 3rd then have to break the other team down, that coupled with our lack of ball players, pace and ball retention ability means we rarely get going when we win possession so we end up going sideways and backwards with safe balls. Teams like Leeds, City and Liverpool in their hot streak win the ball in the opposition 3rd and go forward quickly. We are turning in to the anti football, even Moyes has West Ham playing with some attacking verve and regularly scoring 3 a game. I dont think it will last but West Ham getting Europe before us is hard to take TBH....

seen a lot of shouts to play Godfrey or Holgate in midfield tonight. If we're that short we need to put a defender into midfield I'd be tempted put Digne in there as part of a 3 and play Godfrey at LB. I'd just like to try and retain the ball in midfield a little more and i don't think Godfrey or Holgate do that.

Please please please please please don't have sig and Davies in a 2 or they will claim all their missing xG in no time

I`m worried by tonight, we will be having to play 6/7 defenders at the rate we are going with injuries... we will go therre to shut up shop and not lose. Probably the only side in the top 10 that will do that. Such a small time mentality.....

But as I`ve said before, lets see what we get before we praise or criticise.

Oh dear god, please make it stop

if we start the game with Davies and Gylfi central midfield I don’t think I’m even watching it.
I don’t even know what we’re going to do if Allan isn’t fit. Just don’t see Carlo starting an u-23 player in there.

Can't help but feel pessimistic about tonight. Unless we drastically improve and make better decisions when in possession, I see a comfortable win for Brighton.

Only question remaining this season is will Carlo stay if, (when), we don't get European football?

Then again, we beat Brighton then Tottenham then Arsenal and we're back challenging for top four. :)

tenor.gif

Can't help but feel pessimistic about tonight. Unless we drastically improve and make better decisions when in possession, I see a comfortable win for Brighton.

Only question remaining this season is will Carlo stay if, (when), we don't get European football?

Then again, we beat Brighton then Tottenham then Arsenal and we're back challenging for top four. :)
Don’t think Carlo is going anywhere. He’s on huge wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.