Match Thread Brighton HA v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just leave this here....

photo.png

Lots of people saying they have had it with Everton etc. I think a lot more have had it with football generally. I am not singling out the Korean from Spurs, but there are an increasing number of cheats like him which make me ashamed of the way the game is going. Pundits are afraid of saying Song is a cheat. Or Rashford is a cheat for going down holding his face after a slight tap on his ankle earlier in the same game. There are plenty more examples of such like faking. VAR is wrecking enjoyment in the game anyway, so why not have an additional VAR for the punishment of fakers, with an automatic 2 game ban penalty.

Lots of people saying they have had it with Everton etc. I think a lot more have had it with football generally. I am not singling out the Korean from Spurs, but there are an increasing number of cheats like him which make me ashamed of the way the game is going. Pundits are afraid of saying Song is a cheat. Or Rashford is a cheat for going down holding his face after a slight tap on his ankle earlier in the same game. There are plenty more examples of such like faking. VAR is wrecking enjoyment in the game anyway, so why not have an additional VAR for the punishment of fakers, with an automatic 2 game ban penalty.
Spot on. Richarlison gets pelters (he is a fanny for all the rolling about, but weirdly, he's a tough lad when it comes to the persistent treatment he receives and his bravery in going for headers etc) but Son always gets a free pass. The tw@t nearly ended Gomes (some would say he did!). Yes, he may have cried his eyes out over breaking Gomes's leg, but he chased after him with clenched teeth trying to get him back for that arm swipe, similar to the one v. Man Utd.

And half the commentators come out with sh1te like, 'He was surely 'entitled' to go down there'....I mean, WTF?!! So the footballers, playing on bowling greens, are largely fannies, who go down like drunks on an ice rink, the growing media expectation is that every touch is a free kick, if not a card, and we spend ages agonising over whether someone's a pube's width beyond the last defender, whilst only a handful of clubs ever get to win anything. The fun and excitement is being crushed out of the game.

Anyway, match day lads. COYBB!!!!

Never really understood the dislike for Friday night games - Finish work, down the pub, start of the weekend - lovely stuff

Whoever invented Monday night football needs to take a long, hard look at themselves - Utter rubbish
I fully expect to remember why Friday night games are hated when Son wins a 90th min pen to win the game after tripping over a butterfly that Godfrey blew into his path in the wake of his sprint and we go into the weekend having lost and with a load of teams lining up to gain on/pull away from us

Status
Not open for further replies.