Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If he was giving them a chance, then they'd be in the team, mate. They've made the bench cos we need numbers, and we don't have anyone else.

Gordon is in the team.

We could have had Kean James Siggurdson Bernard Walcott sat on the bench instead but we don’t because Benitez for a variety of reasons approved them going.

No manager throws in a load of kids into a premier league team altogether unless they’re absolute prodigies like the class of 92. I doubt that’s the case for Dobbin Simms and Onyango.

By your logic he can’t win, if he doesn’t play the youth he doesn’t rate them, if he picks them in the squad it’s because he’s got no one else. There’s no scenario he comes out with credit.

Of course what he could do is play Simms Dobbin Gordon Onyango Branthwaite all in the same team and bench DCL Richarlison Gray Docuoure Mina, but I doubt anyone is that bothered about playing youth when it actually costs us points and isn’t just yet another convenient stick to beat Benitez with.

This is my main frustration with Benitez - his insistence with sticking with this 4-4-1-1 system.

I get that it works better with Doucoure in it, that's fine. But he's coming back from six weeks out. Allan has a muscle strain so he's not trained fully. Brentford play a midfield three and it's not like Rondon and Iwobi are worth the trade off.

If we're going to play Rondon then we need to get players around him. 4-4-1-1 isolates whoever the forward is.

We need a platform to build from. Win the midfield battle. Go solid for the first hour and you have Gray to bring on and, if you desperately need someone to uselessly run around for 10 minutes, Iwobi at the end.

If he's starting Townsend central again then that's going to negate the few things Iwobi is good at and take away from Townsend's game too. Really, really frustrating.

Not been funny Tubes, but we have 3 first teamers out, Brentford by my count have the same. Our squad isn't worse than theirs.

We have more than that. We're playing half fit Doucoure, Gray is obviously unfit too, and their missing players aren't near the same importance.

But it doesn't really matter - at this point if he's starting Rondon and Iwobi then he has to win the game or he deserves criticism. He's relying on a blinder from Iwobi centrally, and that's just suicide.

I didn't expect a win here with what we have, but he's just made the job much harder with that team selection. Just have to hope we can keep it goalless for an hour and maybe take Iwobi off for Gray and push on.

I still want us to win mate, I just don't get his persistence with Rondon and iwobi. We can only hope they turn up today.

Just look at the bench we've got no one mate.

We could have a 12 yr striker sat on the bench and some would moan that Rondon is playing.

Direct your anger at the DOF / medical team not Benitez's fault our 2 best forwards are missing and we spent £27 million on a lame duck who's always injured.

Admit it. That's you with a yellow wig on Sass lol lol lol
Nah. Yellow is not my color. Blue actually suits me better, Fred :p

COYB don’t make me switch to a yellow wig lol

2C90E67B-9192-4FA8-B867-50DDD9A5A2A1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.