Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This 5/3 at the back lack of / only 2 in midfield is killing us...not exactly a new problem.
And I'm not sure that getting Gana and Garner(?) in will make it work for Lampard anyway.

Like the FSW, and his zonal / general subbornness;
Is 5/3 the hill that Lampard wants to do his Custer impression on ??

#adaptordie
I think lampard showed last season he can adapt to ensure we survive. We are 4 games in. He will adapt when it's necessary and if results don't turn around when we have dcl/a striker and another actual midfielder.

TBH a little disappointed. Granted hangover could of been a lot lot worse.

1st game of the season for me. I do see fair bit of improvement from last season. But the inconsistent levels are still there grrrrr frustrating.

Enjoy your bank holiday all

Heard it for last 20 years…from Nil Satis to Patience is needed..
We haven't changed the motto. That's just me saying it because it's true.

You could make a good argument that trying to go too hard too quickly is the cause of our current problem.

It doesn't matter what has happened the last 20 years, it matters what's happening now. And right now, a mid table finish would be a good finish.

This time for the last 2 seasons we have been top and bombarding everyone with spirit of the blues, them seasons didn't turn out like that, my point being, it's still early doors, the window is still open, the start of the season doesn't necessarily show a true picture, after maybe 10 or so games, then you can start seeing the pattern of the table. Just chill.

Gray should have scored and at 2-0 we are winning the game. Left them with a sniff and dropped too deep in last 15. Sloppy corner to give away that led to their goal. Fine margins really but we really do need to be more clinical. Best game I've seen from Gordon Coady is a real leader at the back. Captaincy is wasted on Pickford.

I think lampard showed last season he can adapt to ensure we survive. We are 4 games in. He will adapt when it's necessary and if results don't turn around when we have Dominic Calvert-Lewin/a striker and another actual midfielder.
How long will that take...how many games start do we have to give our bottom 6 rivals?
He needs to best use what he has, not stick with a not working formation while he try's to get players in that Will, hopefully, make it work...if indeed they  Do arrive and Do gel - which is not guaranteed.

We need a win or two Now, before the gap gets bigger in September...2 or even 1 and a draw will shove you up to Mid Table in August. (see United)

Gray should have scored and at 2-0 we are winning the game. Left them with a sniff and dropped too deep in last 15. Sloppy corner to give away that led to their goal. Fine margins really but we really do need to be more clinical. Best game I've seen from Gordon Coady is a real leader at the back. Captaincy is wasted on Pickford.
Yes gray could have scored. But so could mbuemo twice, toney hit the post with a sitter and wissa had the miss of the season. They also hit the post and bar with midfielders. But let's forget about all them chances missed that super coady allowed at the back. Because we could have gone 2 nil up ? the back line was an absolute shambles.

Yes gray could have scored. But so could mbuemo twice, toney hit the post with a sitter and wissa had the miss of the season. They also hit the post and bar with midfielders. But let's forget about all them chances missed that super coady allowed at the back. Because we could have gone 2 nil up ? the back line was an absolute shambles.
Gray should have scored - not could have scored. 2-0 and we are winning the game. I'm not denying they deserved a draw - just saying we had the chance to make the result safe.
Brentford at home are relentless and you know they are going to create chances. Yes they kept pressing and I felt Patterson and Myk were pushed too far back hence their chances. We had a few too, such as Iwobi and Gordon shooting straight at their keeper. I thought we were by far the better team in the first half playing some good football.
Their fans were screaming for everything in the second half and the ref let them off with some nasty challenges. We kind of invited the pressure which is fatal against a side like that. Coady was trying to push us up and at least hold a line. I'd mke him skipper so he can take full control.

Status
Not open for further replies.