Bradley Lowery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heartbroken for his extraordinary family. I work near Manchester, mainly Utd fans, few City, couple of blues, few others, everyone was devastated when we found out.
Just hope his family can take some comfort in the knowledge their brave little man touched so many hearts and united us in hope, achieved more in his few short years than any of us ever will, just by being himself. Love sees no colours.

RIP little warrior.

Day we all dreaded.....That smile though !! although the physical body is no more, Bradley's amazing spirit will live on in everyone who followed and was involved in his battle gainst a horrible disease. Thoughts with his wonderful family and friends, all at Sunderland FC (especially Mr Defoe). In one sense there is no end to a life because this little fighter will be right here in everybody's heart....Gutted!

Just heard the news.

We will all miss you and your wonderful smile.

You are a true inspiration and hero for us all to aspire to

RIP Bradley

Tragic is a word too often used, but a six year old child dying is always tragic and I can't imagine how his family are feeling right now.
But young Bradley has touched more lives in those six years than most of us will ever do.

RIP kid.

I have a Google search set up for Bradley that I've checked everyday since hearing his story. Something felt different today so I said a prayer asking for a miracle or to surround him with angels. He's given us such a blessing and appreciation for this short life.

A song came on during my drive to work and just reminded me of Bradley and his family. The chorus was:

I know there’s a place I belong
Where I’ll see the fullness of love
A child face to face with my God
Lost in Your awesome wonder
While I wait I will not be afraid
My faith will remain all the same
My hope in the things not yet seen
Found in the greatest of these

An hour later and the news broke about his passing. I had to step out of work, shed a few tears, call home and tell the wife and kids how much I love them. Never take this life for granted. My prayers and love go out to Bradley's family, friends and all of the Sunderland supporters. I pray that we find a cure as there are others suffering from this brutal cancer. That smile will be beaming down from Heaven and I'll be blessed to see it when my time has come. I'm going to hug the kids a little tighter tonight.

Gutted, devastated, but at last happy his suffering is over and he can be at peace. Or tearing up the pitch in heaven.

....so, so sad. We have followed his story for months knowing the tragedy of the inevitable conclusion. Bradley's battle was high profile but we shouldn't forget that families are continually going through this turmoil on a daily basis. My heart goes out to all of them.

Haha.
As some mentioned here hope the clubs come together and play for the Bradley Cup once a year. Keep the memory alive

This and this.

Utilize his "fame" to play a friendly with Sunderland, all proceeds going to a foundation in his name to help combat the disease and hopefully we can give the families of these other children a happier ending.

Sky sports news done a classy little tribute tonight.

A couple of tears blinked away in our front room.

"One Bradley Lowery" being sang by Mackems at the friendly tonight apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.