Bobbys pay off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows mate, he got us 4th with a far worse squad. A whole load of different variables would have been in play if Moyes has not left, but being denied access to the benefits of the TV money due to supposedly lacking inspiration was not one of them. I also doubt that we would have regressed to the bottom half of the table and experienced the worst home form in our entire history had he stayed.

His performance at United and Sociedad would suggest otherwise.

Anyway based on the first season and the way Bill gushed over Bobby and gave him an improved contract I think the evidence is there that the purse strings were loosened based on the feel good factor the club had heading into 14-15 and European qualification after a 4 year drought.

His performance at United and Sociedad would suggest otherwise.

Anyway based on the first season and the way Bill gushed over Bobby and gave him an improved contract I think the evidence is there that the purse strings were loosened based on the feel good factor the club had heading into 14-15 and European qualification after a 4 year drought.

No mate, Everton's increased expenditure in the transfer market in recent years is due to the emergence of the extra TV money and nothing else. The idea that Kenwright was denying Moyes access to non-existent money because he 'lacked inspiration' is just pure nonsense.

No mate, Everton's increased expenditure in the transfer market in recent years is due to the emergence of the extra TV money and nothing else. The idea that Kenwright was denying Moyes access to non-existent money because he 'lacked inspiration' is just pure nonsense.

Our net spend in this window would also support what's happened.

Our net spend in this window would also support what's happened.

If you say so mate. So tell me, why is Koeman being denied access to the additional TV money? Is it because he lacks the inspiration of Roberto Martinez? Please!

What is your opinion on this strategy of withholding transfer funds from managers on the grounds that they lack inspiration? Do you think it's a recipe for success? Maybe other clubs will start copying us, and expenditure within the premier league transfer market will grind to a halt.

If you say so mate. So tell me, why is Koeman being denied access to the additional TV money? Is it because he lacks the inspiration of Roberto Martinez? Please!

What is your opinion on this strategy of withholding transfer funds from managers on the grounds that they lack inspiration? Do you think it's a recipe for success? Maybe other clubs will start copying us, and expenditure within the premier league transfer market will grind to a halt.

Not sure Koamen is being denied, more like getting the right player at the right price etc. Fully assessing the squads and having proper thought out plan with his management team, Walsh etc.

I believe 14-15 was our first positive net spend since 07-08. I'm pretty sure that's right. Did the TV money help? For sure. That said if you don't think the results and style in which we got those results in 13-14 loosened the purse strings to a net spend of almost £34 mil then I think you are kidding yourself.

I think Koeman is not necessarily being denied funds...I truly believe we tried to spend about £30 mil. I expect that if he can get us into Europe he will have a large transfer budget...especially if it looks like we appear close to being of CL standard.

I believe 14-15 was our first positive net spend since 07-08. I'm pretty sure that's right. Did the TV money help? For sure. That said if you don't think the results and style in which we got those results in 13-14 loosened the purse strings to a net spend of almost £34 mil then I think you are kidding yourself.

I think Koeman is not necessarily being denied funds...I truly believe we tried to spend about £30 mil. I expect that if he can get us into Europe he will have a large transfer budget...especially if it looks like we appear close to being of CL standard.

Maybe you can explain why the purse strings were 'loosened' at near enough every other premier league club at the exact same time then?

Can you just stop talking nonsense please? Moyes was never denied cash on the grounds of 'lacking inspiration', he was actually considered to be a transfer wizard during his time at Everton, with the general feeling being 'imagine if he was given some real money to spend'. The reason the money was never afforded to him is because the money was not there! In contrast, Martinez was provided with money because it was available due to the TV money, just like all the other managers were at all the other premier league clubs. It's as simple as that. Your beliefs are way off, and do not correspond with reality.

Maybe you can explain why the purse strings were 'loosened' at near enough every other premier league club at the exact same time then?

Can you just stop talking nonsense please? Moyes was never denied cash on the grounds of 'lacking inspiration', he was actually considered to be a transfer wizard during his time at Everton, with the general feeling being 'imagine if he was given some real money to spend'. The reason the money was never afforded to him is because the money was not there! In contrast, Martinez was provided with money because it was available due to the TV money, just like all the other managers were at all the other premier league clubs. It's as simple as that. Your beliefs are way off, and do not correspond with reality.

Ok...let me put it another way. Let's say we finished a lackluster 8th, 7th, or 6th and out of Europe and not being within a sniff of CL places in his first season. Would Martinez have gotten the funds that he did? What if he finished 10th?

I think a lot on here expected a drop off in that first season...myself included. He exceeded expectations in virtually everyway in 13/14 and had us dreaming of CL football. That is why he was given the extra TV money to spend. No way in hell does he get all of that money otherwise.

Ok...let me put it another way. Let's say we finished a lackluster 8th, 7th, or 6th and out of Europe and not being within a sniff of CL places in his first season. Would Martinez have gotten the funds that he did? What if he finished 10th?

I think a lot on here expected a drop off in that first season...myself included. He exceeded expectations in virtually everyway in 13/14 and had us dreaming of CL football. That is why he was given the extra TV money to spend. No way in hell does he get all of that money otherwise.

Performance can determine revenue through prize money, but there is absolutely no evidence to support your totally unfounded insistence that Kenwright's restricted available transfer funds based on his confidence in the manager, and Kenwright loved Moyes anyway. The period in which Everton's transfer expenditure increased corresponds with the emergence of the TV money, and also corresponds with the increase in expenditure amongst nearly all the other premier league club. End of.

Performance can determine revenue through prize money, but there is absolutely no evidence to support your totally unfounded insistence that Kenwright's restricted available transfer funds based on his confidence in the manager, and Kenwright loved Moyes anyway. The period in which Everton's transfer expenditure increased corresponds with the emergence of the TV money, and also corresponds with the increase in expenditure amongst nearly all the other premier league club. End of.

They also correspond to the best season since 04-05 and the best football in decades.

It's all about opinions I guess but IMO he doesn't get 100% of the added funds w/o the season we had.

They also correspond to the best season since 04-05 and the best football in decades.

It's all about opinions I guess but IMO he doesn't get 100% of the added funds w/o the season we had.

OK. It's your belief, but it's totally unfounded. Why did all the other clubs also have a massive increase in expenditure then?

Status
Not open for further replies.