Bobbys pay off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get that money yo! Bobby's contract guy is a genius.

Tbh I reckon that clause to get full pay out was probably championed by none other than Bill Kenwright. He was too busy purring over 'the best young manager in Europe' to think what would happen if we fired him.

I can just imagine him coming out of the meeting pleased as punch 'least when Barcelona come calling we'll be handsomely compensated. That how you handle contract talks Bob!'

I swear we could make a sitcom with some of the stuff that goes on, we make Frank Spencer look like the sharpest tool in the box. I don't really mind Bill as at least he does care about us and tries hard but boy he can drop some clangers now and again. Hopefully under the new regime this would be impossible though and going forward the jokes stop.

Tbh I reckon that clause to get full pay out was probably championed by none other than Bill Kenwright. He was too busy purring over 'the best young manager in Europe' to think what would happen if we fired him.
I can just imagine him coming out of the meeting pleased as punch 'least when Barcelona come calling we'll be handsomely compensated. That how you handle contract talks Bob!'
I swear we could make a sitcom with some of the stuff that goes on, we make Frank Spencer look like the sharpest tool in the box. I don't really mind Bill as at least he does care about us and tries hard but boy he can drop some clangers now and again. Hopefully under the new regime this would be impossible though and going forward the jokes stop.

Haven't made a great start like have they. This past week Moshiri has made Everton a laughing stock.

Haven't made a great start like have they. This past week Moshiri has made Everton a laughing stock.

You're not wrong there, however I think some leeway should be allowed seeing he is green in running a football club. Hopefully he would have learnt/been advised to lose Jim's phone number and not make silly public statements.

Very possibly yes. His act had worn stale here and frankly he would have never been given the funds because he wouldn't have inspired the board to spend.

You are talking about Moyes, yes? The David Moyes who was absolutely brilliant in the transfer market for Everton? You're also talking about a period before Moshiri was at Everton, when Kenwright was still in charge, the same Kenwright who remains in love with David Moyes?

The idea that Everton would have withheld transfer funds to David Moyes on the grounds that he supposedly 'lacked inspiration' is total nonsense and without foundation. The board were infatuated with Moyes, and Moyes had a strong grip of everything at Everton, especially if it had to do with the playing squad. Really, where have you got this idea that the club would have withheld money from Moyes? What on earth are you basing that on?

Really, where have you got this idea that the club would have withheld money from Moyes? What on earth are you basing that on?

What was our net spend in Moyes' last 3 seasons? 5 seasons? 8 seasons? The Arteta money?

Roberto got us 5th and our record point total on the heals of a negative net spend of ~£17m during his first season. Over the next two season we had a positive net spend of ~£61m.

I am basing it off of what happened.

What was our net spend in Moyes' last 3 seasons? 5 seasons? 8 seasons? The Arteta money?

Roberto got us 5th and our record point total on the heals of a negative net spend of ~£17m during his first season. Over the next two season we had a positive net spend of ~£61m.

I am basing it off of what happened.

Moyes was deprived of money because the club was losing 10 million pound a year before player trading at the time, and yet he still had us competing in top half of league. Martinez was provided with money in his second and third season because the club was making 20 - 30 million pound profits before player trading, and yet we regressed massively and had the worst home form in our entire history. That's what happened!

The idea that Moyes would have been denied the benefits of the new TV deal because Kenwright felt he 'lacked inspiration' is just pure nonsense based on nothing at all. Moyes left Everton, Everton did not get rid of Moyes, and Kenwright would have happily given him a new contract and handed over the extra money from the TV deal to him if Moyes had wanted to stay, and we would have been far better off as a result as well.

Moyes was deprived of money because the club was losing 10 million pound a year before player trading at the time, and yet he still had us competing in top half of league. Martinez was provided with money in his second and third season because the club was making 20 - 30 million pound profits before player trading, and yet we regressed massively and had the worst home form in our entire history. That's what happened!

The idea that Moyes would have been denied the benefits of the new TV deal because Kenwright felt he 'lacked inspiration' is just pure nonsense based on nothing at all. Moyes left Everton, Everton did not get rid of Moyes, and Kenwright would have happily given him a new contract and handed over the extra money from the TV deal to him if Moyes had wanted to stay, and we would have been far better off as a result as well.

Do you honestly think we would have finished with 72 points and 5th place in 13-14 if Moyes stayed?

Do you honestly think we would have finished with 72 points and 5th place in 13-14 if Moyes stayed?

Who knows mate, he got us 4th with a far worse squad. A whole load of different variables would have been in play if Moyes has not left, but being denied access to the benefits of the TV money due to supposedly lacking inspiration was not one of them. I also doubt that we would have regressed to the bottom half of the table and experienced the worst home form in our entire history had he stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.