Blue Liver Bird on The Stadium?

Do you want a Blue Liver Bird on the new stadium?

• Yes, its reclaiming our history

Votes: 185 44.3%
  • No, it's too associated with those Kopites

Votes: 196 46.9%
  • NEA/Cheese on Toast

Votes: 37 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Liverbird is center piece of Liverpool crest.

And the ship was the centrepiece of Man Utd's crest. Now it's the centrepiece of Man City's crest, as well.

Anyway, nobody is arguing that we should actually put a Liver bird on our crest. We'd be well within our rights to do so, though. After all, the Liver bird was associated with EFC long before it was associated with LFC.

Our first league winners medal, issued before Liverpool Football Club even existed:

image.jpg

And the ship was the centrepiece of Man Utd's crest. Now it's the centrepiece of Man City's crest, as well.

Anyway, nobody is arguing that we should actually put a Liver bird on our crest. We'd be well within our rights to do so, though. After all, the Liver bird was associated with EFC before it was associated with LFC.

Of course we'd be within our rights :) I never said otherwise, just that on our list of priorities it isn't near the top for me. I think our Tower is a powerful symbol and it should be the center piece of our new stadium.

Fook no, i'd tear the thing off the stadium myself if it happened. They claimed it, if you saw it you would think it's them. We have our own sh&t

So what does moshiri's purchase of the building mean in terms of the use of the birds on marketing merchandise etc?

No they own their club badge to stop copying
No one owns the liver birds, even the echo use it

That's not right mate they can ask companies using the liverbird to remove it if they so wish there was a two year court case that ruled in favour of the [Poor language removed] in 2012

I say no for two reasons; 1.it's saying Ruperts tower is a joke, 2.using the bird thats synonymous with their crest gives them more ammo to throw the bitter label at us. What next ynwa used before the games?

We have our own proud identity, stooping to that level makes us seem obsessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.