Blame The Players Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicycleheader

Brahms Third Racket
New season. New thread.

theres the thread from last season. basically annoys me seeing the manager get pelters for everything when often its some shocking individual errors, including crap finishing, and displays that cost.

its not a...the manager aint to blame thread...but a place to highlight the sometimes shocking crap our players present us with. all in one handy thread

i thought of this thread again when i watch us start to get back on top in a game before handing a two goal lead to the other team....then stroll around showing a complete lack of the urgency needed to get back in a game.

Basic stuff in that last 20. walking to retrieve the ball for throw ins and free kicks when youre screaming at them to get on with it.

you cant pick and choose which games to show that hunger to win points. to achieve things it has to be every game.

you can blame the manager as the person ultimately responsible for general attitude but when you see the captain wasting time having a hissy fit when we are 2 down and need every second of the time left then its worrying. Kean also left them to retrieve a ball for a goal kick that he should be running to collect and pop it on the spot. IMO we didnt show a strong desire to try salvage a point after suddenly going two down.

also schneiderlin can do one.

Walking around again. No urgency. Sickening.

I noted a corner from Digne at 30m at 0-0 and he strolled over to take it. At 1-0 down and 70m gone he showed a wee bit more urgency but not much.

And that from one of our better players.

There’s a possibility we will end up changing managers again but Christ since Martinez second season we have had to put up with so many phoned in performances from highly paid players.

gomes and delph were particularly bad in that game. its a hell of a battle putting out a good team with the weak showings by them and siggurdsson.

in general much of the players dont show the urgency required. simple things to recognise the mess we are in. getting the ball back into play as soon as possible. its doing my head in. i think id fine players for celebrating that equaliser when what we need was the 3 pts. grab the ball and out it on the spot. the same when they scored. every bloody second counts.

These are a terrible set of players.

IMO, there's Digne and Gomes who get a game in any top half of the table team.

It is 'kin rank the 'quality' at this club.

Expensively assembled tat.

Half a billion almost spent on this in the last 4 season's. Leeds fell through the trap door in just such circumstances. They speculated and fell flat on their faces with atrocious signings.

As far as I'm concerned - and taking in ability, application, desire - THIS is the worst Everton team I've ever seen...and that stretches back to the late 70s.

These are a terrible set of players.

IMO, there's Digne and Gomes who get a game in any top half of the table team.

It is 'kin rank the 'quality' at this club.

Expensively assembled tat.

Half a billion almost spent on this in the last 4 season's. Leeds fell through the trap door in just such circumstances. They speculated and fell flat on their faces with atrocious signings.

As far as I'm concerned - and taking in ability, application, desire - THIS is the worst Everton team I've ever seen...and that stretches back to the late 70s.
Funnily enough I think they’re our two most overrated players
I’ll give you desire though, that really is some of the worst I’ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.