Bily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans get on his back to much???

Maybe if he did something they wouldn't. You can see the lads got ability but he just looks to useless to want to put it into action! I think a lot of fans are just blinded by his couple of wonder goals.

*too useless

i must of been to a diff game today .hes s////e allways has been allways will be ,to slow and weak for the prem just like osman

The reason billy gets stick over others such as osman or saha is that the likes of them 2 have shown they are capable of putting a sustained run of good form together, while despite getting plenty of opportunitys, billy is too inconsistent and has never fullfilled his undoubted ability with us. I,d love it to happen but i dont think it will. By the way, i would never boo him or anything like that, as i believe a few did last week. As long as he wears the jersey i,ll back him, and im happy to hear he done better today.

He's got attributes and a good footballing brain.

BUT...the premiership is too fast for him. Arsenal away last season was what confirmed it for me. If I remember right, it was after the Chelsea FA cup game at home which he played well after scoring the equaliser against West Ham the week prior off the bench. He was getting a bit of form.

Then he played against Arsenal...the pace too quick, he was closed down and had no space, his passing was to a red shirt..he was awful with Walcott and Sagna battering him without much fuss.

To me is just showed why the league is too much for him. He needs space, needs time. He tries to cut inside a lot because thats where the space is. When that doesnt happen on the wing, he's lost. He doesnt have the pace either.

His attributes are in the box and his mean left foot.

But sadly instead of using him like a Beckham type player - ie just a long ball/cross/freekick/shot merchant - he's been used as a Pienaar replacement to allow space for Baines to attack. It didnt work.

The main fact the pace is too much for him is the main reason why he's not gonna work no matter how many games he gets.

The reason billy gets stick over others such as osman or saha is that the likes of them 2 have shown they are capable of putting a sustained run of good form together, while despite getting plenty of opportunitys, billy is too inconsistent and has never fullfilled his undoubted ability with us. I,d love it to happen but i dont think it will. By the way, i would never boo him or anything like that, as i believe a few did last week. As long as he wears the jersey i,ll back him, and im happy to hear he done better today.

this is pretty much the billy situation in a nutshell.

Had a good game today, threw a 'Petrov' in for good measure. Wanted to criticise, but put a few good balls in and with more match sharpness would have hospitalised a few with more accurate drives on goal.

He got a good response from the crowd when he was going off. Evertonians aren't stupid (despite our best efforts to appear so) and when someone puts in a shift they get the appreciation.
That said he does get more stick than he deserves. There's always a scapegoat. It was Hibbo at a time.

He got a good response from the crowd when he was going off. Evertonians aren't stupid (despite our best efforts to appear so) and when someone puts in a shift they get the appreciation.
That said he does get more stick than he deserves. There's always a scapegoat. It was Hibbo at a time.

it's still hibbo

"Was" ?

Hibbo still gets slated but he's definitely not the name being shouted around the stands by the drunks who don't realise he isn't actually on the pitch at that point anymore - that's become Bily.

Hibbo still gets slated but he's definitely not the name being shouted around the stands by the drunks who don't realise he isn't actually on the pitch at that point anymore - that's become Bily.

Your mistake there is listening and acknowledging said drunks. There are ones on the city metro that are far more insightful about far more than footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.