Bill's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pot, Kettle.....
Um, if you really don't understand the difference let me explain:

There were many who were surprised at the time. Ref: mailing lists, web forums. So unless all these people lied, I know what they thought about this. This was not aimed at anyone in this topic.

Neiler, on the other hand, obviously aimed his comment on people like me who criticized BK over the re-purchase of Ferguson. He thought he knows what I think about Saha. Of course if he can dig out some comments from me where I say anything like what he claims I'll happily apologise.

* My personal favourate is - Why dont the club just give Pienaar what he wants - Bill has plunged us to record debt - only five million extra with Kirkby! :plol
Well, I don't think we should pay him whatever he wants. So are you done playing with your strawman?

I aim to please like!

Its simple really, any nuiance or criticism however miniscule (even if its a transfer over 10 years ago which lets face it is reaching a bit) of Bill is pounced on by the anti crowed, berefit of any analysis, to detail to the point it actually gets funny and people contradict themselves. They generally contain statements of spoof inclusive of "record debt" or speak about transfers made while Bill wasnt even chairman of the club (uh oh) - like i say without analysis.

Rebuttles are usually personal in nature criticiseing you rather then quoteing any at the very least fact, at maximum analsyis see above!

* My personal favourate is - Why dont the club just give Pienaar what he wants - Bill has plunged us to record debt - only five million extra with Kirkby! :plol

Speechless here. It's like you think the doubling of debt and having to sell star players after 10 years of Kenwright control - during a period when football went through its bonanza years - is not worthy of comment much less criticism.

There's blind obedience..and then there's your posts. ;)

We've improved financially,

In comparison to our competitors, yes - vastly.

Another interesting point being the valuation of the players (assets) on the field, compared to before Kenwright arrived.

and the need for ground improvement/relocation(to a sensible location) has been met ?

Excellent news.

Like all those other football clubs......

If Kenwright secures good investment (a rarity...) then he'll go down in history as an Everton great. A man who took over Everton at their lowest, brought in David Moyes, steadied the ship and hopefully - brought the right investment to the club.

The abuse he takes is unwarranted.

The Club has improved only with the continued success of David Moyes. And the support of "us" the fans, all the board have done is transfer debt and add to it.

It's a well-known fact that it was Kenwright who wanted Ferguson back to please the crowds.

Show me that in black and white, you can't because its bollox put round by the anti BK brigade................as a fact it isn't and that is a FACT

Do all chairmen take wages, honestly...or is that just more spin for Bill ? Wages are secondary, he's looking for the big payoff on the share sale.....buy low, invest nil, sell ridiculously high.

Look at what others have taken from clubs, Bill treats his tenure as a hobby he doesn't even draw half the expenses he could. Have you seen what Hull are having to do with thyeir former chairman, look what the Glazers have done with Utd...............

Please don't give me that 'he'll make a fortune when he sells his shares, according to the anti's he doesn't own the shares to sell them....................so make your mind up, he either owns the club or he doesn't

In comparison to our competitors, yes - vastly.

Another interesting point being the valuation of the players (assets) on the field, compared to before Kenwright arrived.

Like all those other football clubs......

If Kenwright secures good investment (a rarity...) then he'll go down in history as an Everton great. A man who took over Everton at their lowest, brought in David Moyes, steadied the ship and hopefully - brought the right investment to the club.

The abuse he takes is unwarranted.

This is it, though. The reason I rail against him is that his stated intention from day one of taking control was to attract investment. Here we are 10 long years later having never secured anything but securitisation deals and bank loans and always relying on the next academy star, or purchased player who performs well and adds more value to his stock, to be sold in order to avoid a Portsmouth (the new 'not doing a Leeds'). It's scandalous that this feller is treated with kid gloves. He conjured up a ruse to stay in power four years ago the like of which would be howled at with derision if it was done by a Newcastle chairman.

I've said it before: he plays on and exploits the sentiments of supporters who afford him the respect he's never earned. An old fashioned con man.

I think footballs boom period is gone. We never took advantage of it, but we're not in a crippling position (despite not being in as healthy a position as some are trying to make out).
We'll survive, but I cant see us ever cometing again. (Unless Platini gets his way)

Um, if you really don't understand the difference let me explain:

There were many who were surprised at the time. Ref: mailing lists, web forums. So unless all these people lied, I know what they thought about this. This was not aimed at anyone in this topic.

Neiler, on the other hand, obviously aimed his comment on people like me who criticized BK over the re-purchase of Ferguson. He thought he knows what I think about Saha. Of course if he can dig out some comments from me where I say anything like what he claims I'll happily apologise.

Well, I don't think we should pay him whatever he wants. So are you done playing with your strawman?[/QUOTE]

I aim to please like!

Its simple really, any nuiance or criticism however miniscule (even if its a transfer over 10 years ago which lets face it is reaching a bit) of Bill is pounced on by the anti crowed, berefit of any analysis, to detail to the point it actually gets funny and people contradict themselves. They generally contain statements of spoof inclusive of "record debt" or speak about transfers made while Bill wasnt even chairman of the club (uh oh) - like i say without analysis.

Rebuttles are usually personal in nature criticiseing you rather then quoteing any at the very least fact, at maximum analsyis see above!

lollollollollol;)

Look at what others have taken from clubs, Bill treats his tenure as a hobby he doesn't even draw half the expenses he could. Have you seen what Hull are having to do with thyeir former chairman, look what the Glazers have done with Utd...............

Please don't give me that 'he'll make a fortune when he sells his shares, according to the anti's he doesn't own the shares to sell them....................so make your mind up, he either owns the club or he doesn't

He treats it as a hobby...agreed, most people wouldn't run a business like he has. But you have absolutely no idea about his expenses unless, you are, gulp, Bill himself, Mr Whippy, or Bob Elstone.

"The anti's" are a group I've never heard of (they all have exactly the same view on everything?), my own view is that he owns a significant non majority shareholding that he has been attempting to make an absolute killing on. You couldn't explain the Fortress sham, and the sheer desperation of the Kirkby project otherwise.

Speechless here. It's like you think the doubling of debt and having to sell star players after 10 years of Kenwright control - during a period when football went through its bonanza years - is not worthy of comment much less criticism.

There's blind obedience..and then there's your posts. ;)

So "record debt" (Still waiting on that one)?????????? has morphed into doubleing of the debt.

To put that peice of scaremongering into context when Bill inhertied Everton he took on a buissness that was just over 21 million in debt after Johnsons regeime. In that year the club turned over 25 mill. A scary fact and in actual fact the club was on the brink (think Portsmouth but probably worse). Look at the ratio of debt to turnover, scary eh.

Jump frorward 10 years under Bill, and our total debt today stands at 37.9 million (which isnt doubled), the club last year turned over 79.7 mill. Another fact being that this is one of the lowest levels of debt in the PL. And one of the best debt -turnover ratios in the PL.

To put that into some kind of context the much hearlded Randy Learner bought Villa with a debt in total of 0, in the time he has been at Villa they have accumalted a debt of 73mill and the turnover annually is 75 million.

So in actual fact despite what some may say about Bill accumalting debt in his ten years he has infact incurred a total of somewhere in between 16 -17 million on the buissness. While turnover has tripled in his ten years to close to 80 mill.

Turnover is not profit i.e. surples cash as everyone knows, but what it does enable diectors to do is increase the cost base of the club. If your wondering as many do, where the evidance of this change is evident in tangable form from a club and playing point of view, take a good hard look at the links below and have a good think in terms of progress and trajectory of success that has been acheived on the feild because of that increased cost base over the last ten years.

Toffeeweb - Everton Squad - Season 2000-01

Toffeeweb - Everton Squad, Season 2009-10

So to summerise, dont beleive the scaremongering, have a look at our books and older ones in comparision over the last 15 years, look at other clubs books, analyse and make up your own opinion.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.