Bill's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenwright's a liar who's presided over (1) record levels of debt and (2) zero investment; he's failed twice to sort out the club's overriding priority - (3). stadium redevelopment/relocation; and we all live in fear of the next star name to be sold in any given transfer window.

But at least we're not Portsmouth....

1. What record is that mate?

2. I think you mean outside investment, rather then what we make being plowed back into the club.

3. To a degree, but i think all stakeholders are at fault inclusive of LCC, who up untill now are proving really that Kirkby was the only show in town.

Last edited:
Yes, draw wages from EFC unlike all other Prem chairmen do with their clubs

Do all chairmen take wages, honestly...or is that just more spin for Bill ? Wages are secondary, he's looking for the big payoff on the share sale.....buy low, invest nil, sell ridiculously high.

Just remember this, it is the manager who decides who he wants to buy, never the Chairman, he just has to get the job done in finding the cash. If this was a 'Was Walter Smith a good managet' thread your comment would be valid and I would support you to the hilt, it isn't so are you saying the chairman should override any decision made by the manager..............a bit like Peter Johnson?, if you are then you don't know much about football pal
It's a well-known fact that it was Kenwright who wanted Ferguson back to please the crowds.

It's a well-known fact that it was Kenwright who wanted Ferguson back to please the crowds.

Although this discussion isn't really about Duncan and his injuries he still managed 6 goals in 13 games in the 2000/01 season. Not getting relegated that year certainly pleased me. Add that to his other contributions when not injured (and some would argue emotional impact in some dark times) and you still don't think he was worth his wages? :blink:

Although this discussion isn't really about Duncan and his injuries he still managed 6 goals in 13 games in the 2000/01 season. Not getting relegated that year certainly pleased me. Add that to his other contributions when not injured (and some would argue emotional impact in some dark times) and you still don't think he was worth his wages? :blink:
Well, you are free to think that he was worth 40k/w, or a total of about 2 million pounds for 13 games and 6 goals. I think that money could have been used better. Even now, with all the inflation, I bet you would find it hard to find a fan who would support the idea of giving that sort of money to a sub.

In fact, Everton's debt spiralled up during this time and Ferguson's wages were a big contributing factor. This, of course, was a major factor in selling Rooney*..

* Not saying he didn't want to move himself, but the financial situation was so dire then, that he had to be sold to keep the banks happy.

Well, you are free to think that he was worth 40k/w, or a total of about 2 million pounds for 13 games and 6 goals. I think that money could have been used better. Even now, with all the inflation, I bet you would find it hard to find a fan who would support the idea of giving that sort of money to a sub.

In fact, Everton's debt spiralled up during this time and Ferguson's wages were a big contributing factor. This, of course, was a major factor in selling Rooney*..

* Not saying he didn't want to move himself, but the financial situation was so dire then, that he had to be sold to keep the banks happy.

Duncan was on 27k a week, he took a huge pay cut to come home

Like I said mate this discussion isn't really about Duncan. I'm actually not someone who puts him in the "legend" bracket but neither can I agree he contributed very little or blame Bill for his injury record during his second spell. Seems an odd stick to try to beat Bill with to me.

Ferguson had had injury problems for almost five years before Bill bought him back. Most people were surprised that Newcastle bought a crock like that.

So his continued injuries were hardly a surprise to anyone.

Like I said mate this discussion isn't really about Duncan. I'm actually not someone who puts him in the "legend" bracket but neither can I agree he contributed very little or blame Bill for his injury record during his second spell. Seems an odd stick to try to beat Bill with to me.

Resigning the Big Man was actually brought up first in this thread as some sort of Bill masterstroke. Do you find that odd given his injury record at Newcastle ?

lol

But Hey Andy Van Der Meyde may come good he just needs a chance.

To be honest its a bit of a mute point, one thing you certainly cant criticise Bill for is paying as much as the club can to try and keep our best players.

I would think there is a strong possibility the people criticising Bill over Dunc, are probably the same people who didnt want Saha because of injuries, who are probably now the same people who are now criticising Bill for not renewing his contract sooner.

But thats different isnt it!

Last edited:
I would think there is a strong possibility the people criticising Bill over Dunc, are probably the same people who didnt want Saha because of injuries, who are probably now the same people who are now criticising Bill for not renewing his contract sooner.
I love the way you assume you know what other people think!

lolI would think there is a strong possibility the people criticising Bill over Dunc, are probably the same people who didnt want Saha because of injuries, who are probably now the same people who are now criticising Bill for not renewing his contract sooner.

But thats different isnt it!

Ferguson had had injury problems for almost five years before Bill bought him back. Most people were surprised that Newcastle bought a crock like that.

So his continued injuries were hardly a surprise to anyone.

Pot, Kettle.....

I aim to please like!

Its simple really, any nuiance or criticism however miniscule (even if its a transfer over 10 years ago which lets face it is reaching a bit) of Bill is pounced on by the anti crowed, berefit of any analysis, to detail to the point it actually gets funny and people contradict themselves. They generally contain statements of spoof inclusive of "record debt" or speak about transfers made while Bill wasnt even chairman of the club (uh oh) - like i say without analysis.

Rebuttles are usually personal in nature criticiseing you rather then quoteing any at the very least fact, at maximum analsyis see above!

* My personal favourate is - Why dont the club just give Pienaar what he wants - Bill has plunged us to record debt - only five million extra with Kirkby! :plol

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.