Bill Kenwright

Says stuff that basically everyone with a brain cell has known was the case for years.

Kenwright blocked King's Dock ("I need to own the stadium"), despite advice from everybody who agreed with Gregg, it would have transformed the club into a major brand and football superpower. The council offered to put up the £30m needed even but still he refused.

Bill was "scared" of the idea leaving Goodison. He loved walking into the lounges with his missus and just working the room, feeling important. In a new, shiny stadium they'd none of that crap, only serious people with serious plans to take the club forward.

He has suceeded in killing EFC when he so easily could have took us to the promised land. Absolutely despicable selfishness.

Last edited:
Says stuff that basically everyone with a brain cell has known was the case for years.

Kenwright blocked King's Dock ("I need to own the stadium"), despite advice from everybody who agreed with Gregg, it would have transformed the club into a major brand and football superpower. The council offered to put up the £30m needed even but still he refused.

Bill was "scared" of the idea leaving Goodison. He loved walking into the lounges with his missus and just working the room, feeling important. In a new, shiny stadium they'd none of that crap, only serious people with serious plans to take the club forward.

He has suceeded in killing EFC when he so easily could have took us to the promised land. Absolutely despicable selfishness.

Just need someone who was at the club around the same time when Sheikh Mansour was looking to invest to come out and confirm he wanted Everton first but Bill turned him down. Then we'll have all the proof that he was the biggest one man hatchet job ever.

Two of the biggest transformational events you could ever wish for and he was an active participant in dragging us back down to being the most depressing, parochial club in the world...

so true so so so so true

he started the demise for his own self

Watching the interview and it brings back memories of going to see the plans for KD. What also annoys me is this is the same fella who tried to take us to that Lego set in Kirkby a few years later and some people conveniently forget that.

I don’t think you will ever truly get an in depth tell all of this man’s custodianship. Someone may let slip at some point but I doubt it.

Whoever comes in to takeover the club next , it will be interesting to see if they get as much tolerance as this man did. I bet you they don’t.

Watching the interview and it brings back memories of going to see the plans for KD. What also annoys me is this is the same fella who tried to take us to that Lego set in Kirkby a few years later and some people conveniently forget that.

I don’t think you will ever truly get an in depth tell all of this man’s custodianship. Someone may let slip at some point but I doubt it.

Whoever comes in to takeover the club next , it will be interesting to see if they get as much tolerance as this man did. I bet you they don’t.
I remember it well ....its still hurts.
That's why I have huge reservations when Wyness is getting airtime about this takeover.
What was it he said about Kirkby

Deal of the century , No Brainer ?

True. But at least Gregg knew we had to move with the times and tried twice to do so given the opportunities that we we're given.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...but at least those 2 ground moves were financially secure, better planned, and wouldn't kill the club like this one is attempting to do.

Wish it was possible for all those fans that gave the odious little worm a standing ovation to be banned from all future Everton games.
I’m not saying I forgive them but I do think they’ll have to live with knowing they clapped him , shouting down those of us trying to be heard . Whatever they tell people they said and did they know themselves and they’ve got to deal with that . The people I’ll never forgive are those that got fat and rich on the back of Kenwright and his gravy train and were happy to demonise the very people that were the lifeblood of this club . Particularly those whose names had been song and cheered wherever they went for decades After . those that for almost 40 years couldn’t buy a drink in this city without someone getting it for them but who returned that adoration by perpetuating lies about them .

Just need someone who was at the club around the same time when Sheikh Mansour was looking to invest to come out and confirm he wanted Everton first but Bill turned him down. Then we'll have all the proof that he was the biggest one man hatchet job ever.

Two of the biggest transformational events you could ever wish for and he was an active participant in dragging us back down to being the most depressing, parochial club in the world...
He turned down John Whittaker and Peel, too.