Bill Kenwright

We all have differing lines of decency and decorum pete, this is old ground we have been over a fair few times, there's ways to remind others about sensitivity and respect, and although your point IS valid the manner of addressing it IS miles off. If you reckon someone has crossed the line, report it and let the mods do their thing, you going in two footed only furthers the threads descent. Bill was a blue and clearly cared for the club, he was far from perfect, lived the dream and dragged a lot of us along screaming for the ride to stop. He's gone, he's at peace, and we survive the league then great I'm sure he'd be made up, win the league cup and I'm sure he'd see the funny ironic side.

I'm a bourbon person, as evidenced by the language of booze in the Myko thread yesterday. I'll raise him a double at the end of the evening to call time on his day of respects.

Well said. I’ve just raised a glass of red wine to do similar…all the best blues……

When I first joined this forum, there was a sticky thread about a chap who had died recently, forgive my memory, I dont recall the name. But it always stayed with me what this forum is about.

Sure, I am no Angel, but I think, in these trying times, we forget what makes us human.

Sorry for the self-righteous bull.

RIP Bill.

We need to remember that we are all human, all vulnerable, have family and when we die will bring pain to those we loved. Bill was no different…..

I’m probably in a minority here but I don’t . His attitude stinks.

He bemoaned in his book how the club standards was slipping in the early 90s in particular highlighting a 6-2 defeat away at Villa then years later arrogantly tried to aggressively patronise anyone who did the same because he worked there and in the circle.

He could of been pragmatic, been amiable to both fan and club but chose to be a tosser instead either on the legends radio phone in or to fans not happy with the custodian he served. He openly mocked protesters , him and Darren Griffiths.

There are ways to go about things and he was unpleasant and highly arrogant imo. I Respect him as a player and that’s it.
moans how he didn’t get rangers or celtic for a testimonial either instead he got a manchester v merseyside it was freezin as well

As someone who was part of the protests I find Royle's comments very very poor to say the least.

So he couldn't understand the protests and said BK couldn't either? Well that goes to show even more just how out touch BK was and how Royle still is. Has Royle even took notice Kenwright was Chairman of a 'board' that run us so badly we broke rules and got a 10 point penalty yet he can't understand why we were protesting?

Royle is a sell-out. Probably another one of Kenwright's inner circle gutted now the gravy train is over.

As someone who was part of the protests I find Royle's comments very very poor to say the least.

So he couldn't understand the protests and said BK couldn't either? Well that goes to show even more just how out touch BK was and how Royle still is. Has Royle even took notice Kenwright was Chairman of a 'board' that run us so badly we broke rules and got a 10 point penalty yet he can't understand why we were protesting?

Royle is a sell-out. Probably another one of Kenwright's inner circle gutted now the gravy train is over.

Sad to hear his one sided view, loved Royle as a player and Manager. And as a successful player and to a point manager, won our last trophy, he must realise how far we have fallen and the absolute mess we are in now.

We need to remember that we are all human, all vulnerable, have family and when we die will bring pain to those we loved. Bill was no different…..
I have never met Bill Kenwright so I don't know him personally , I do have sympathy for his friends and family and appreciate it must be a difficult time for them .
But we can not rewrite history, he was a disaster as a chairman and owner of the club and should always be remembered as such.
Any suggestion of naming any part of the new ground after him should be vetoed immediately as it is just a reward for failure.
Everton existed long before Bill Kenwright so let's forget him and move on