Bill Kenwright

Tony Bellew said Everton Football Club wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Bill. Never a truer word spoken.
Its an outright lie and Its embarrassing that anyone could believe such verbal diarrhoea. Bellew either knows its a lie but wants to try and say nice things about an old friend, or he's took one to many blows to the head and is even thicker then he used to be.

It’s the revisionism that gets me. He says in his opinion piece “how he just couldn’t understand the protests “. Just shows how out of touch they are. It’s supposed to be a football club and it all feels like a social club instead.

Why didn’t more come out and defend him during the headlock farce and the protests. Most stayed silent. I don’t like Tony Bellew and frankly how he sees Everton I find sickening, at least he come out and stood up for him no matter how much rubbish he talks. A lot said nothing and they knew the club tried to shame fans in the media.

The club has been on its arse, ran horribly and Joe Royle is saying Kenwright couldn’t understand the protests/anger. That should tell you a lot. If he was a genuine mate of mine I’d tell him what he was doing was wrong , maybe some did.
The ones who did point out that he was doing it wrong, of which I'm sure there were many, were simply banned from Goodison and had their match day tickets taken from them

William Kenwright CBE could never stand criticism, it was always "My way or the highway!" with him

I've heard first-hand that he split the work-force at the club into either his acolytes; or, made made sure that NO-ONE showed him or his 'faction' up, or made them look as useless as they were (are!)

I've never read, spoken about, or researched, such a venal, self-serving, two-faced, sycophantic, narcissistic, sociopathic, control-freak, corrupt and meglamaniac as William Kenwright C(Corrupt) B(Bast'rd) E(Exulted!) The clue is right there with the 'reward' from the same family that ranked Jimmy Saville amongst their closest friends, and still rank Tony Blair as a 'good mate' too.

Remember the good times... I do 23rd October 2023, I date I'll never forget, the day Everton FC became free from the cancer that was Bill Kdenwright.

The ones who did point out that he was doing it wrong, of which I'm sure there were many, were simply banned from Goodison and had their match day tickets taken from them

William Kenwright CBE could never stand criticism, it was always "My way or the highway!" with him

I've heard first-hand that he split the work-force at the club into either his acolytes; or, made made sure that NO-ONE showed him or his 'faction' up, or made them look as useless as they were (are!)

I've never read, spoken about, or researched, such a venal, self-serving, two-faced, sycophantic, narcissistic, sociopathic, control-freak, corrupt and meglamaniac as William Kenwright C(Corrupt) B(Bast'rd) E(Exulted!) The clue is right there with the 'reward' from the same family that ranked Jimmy Saville amongst their closest friends, and still rank Tony Blair as a 'good mate' too.

Remember the good times... I do 23rd October 2023, I date I'll never forget, the day Everton FC became free from the cancer that was Bill Kdenwright.
Alright Denise relax...

Guys, I Think some of you need to stand back a little. Was he a great Chairman, no, was he a great Evertonian fan, yes. Whatever our thoughts he’s passed away and today was a memorial for a dead Evertonian. Today is not the day for slagging him off, let the man and his family rest in peace……

I take your point however I think this needs to be said to others who have a go at those who disliked his custodianship. When he died I stayed quiet because i felt it wouldn’t be right to have a go.

Along with some nice tributes I read a fair bit of venom on Facebook/X towards those who protested and how ashamed they should be. Respect for opinion works both ways.

It didn’t feel like a football club to me, it felt like a social club who seeks validation and virtue for acts and comments for things that had little to do with being a football club never mind one that competes for trophies. All the while a small circle benefit from that and anyone who opposed it was seen as disruptive and shamed into feeling so.

Why should I support a custodian because a boxer was helped in getting a role in a film and given a free pass into the training ground and on match days?

It says a lot that people like Tim Cahill talk about a great legacy without actually detailing what that is and the majority of tributes seem to revolve around what a passionate fan he was because when it comes down to it the club didn’t achieve anything significant under his term and fell down the pecking order along with it in terms of relevance and success. It all felt insincere to me mate. It’s not what I like Everton to be.

Guys, I Think some of you need to stand back a little. Was he a great Chairman, no, was he a great Evertonian fan, yes. Whatever our thoughts he’s passed away and today was a memorial for a dead Evertonian. Today is not the day for slagging him off, let the man and his family rest in peace……
Think you might need to "stand back" as you put it. It's his memorial day; the perfect day to discuss his "achievements".

I take your point however I think this needs to be said to others who have a go at those who disliked his custodianship. When he died I stayed quiet because i felt it wouldn’t be right to have a go.

Along with some nice tributes I read a fair bit of venom on Facebook/X towards those who protested and how ashamed they should be. Respect for opinion works both ways.

It didn’t feel like a football club to me, it felt like a social club who seeks validation and virtue for acts and comments for things that had little to do with being a football club never mind one that competes for trophies. All the while a small circle benefit from that and anyone who opposed it was seen as disruptive and shamed into feeling so.

Why should I support a custodian because a boxer was helped in getting a role in a film and given a free pass into the training ground and on match days?

It says a lot that people like Tim Cahill talk about a great legacy without actually detailing what that is and the majority of tributes seem to revolve around what a passionate fan he was because when it comes down to it the club didn’t achieve anything significant under his term and fell down the pecking order along with it in terms of relevance and success. It all felt insincere to me mate. It’s not what I like Everton to be.
It's all just pleasant fluff said at a funeral/memorial to comfort his loved ones. Let them have it, we know the truth.

Can you elaborate on that?

I'm past being shocked at the pathetic behaviour from our ex players and managers when it comes to sentiment at this point. The fact of the matter is they see Everton as a place of business and nowt else. A place for them to make money. Kenwright provided them a chance to continue to make money from it long after their playing/managing days. Basically they took their thirty pieces of silver and where greatful for them and the man who paid them it. The day he went it ended their collective gravy train. They won't be able to leach off the club anymore and its left them feeling a wave of nostalgia for all the "good times" that only they and Kenwright ever enjoyed.

Sharpey has disappeared since him and Denise got the boot