Bill Kenwright

Bill did his best for this club and yes he had his problems but his heart was in the right place. The crap he got off some fans was absolutely shameful.

if it wasnt for Bill this club would have sunk down the leagues into oblivion.

The problem is we have these football manager, Skysports fans who think we are entitled to be something we are not or have not been since the 80s.

Bill was boss in Corrie and he was boss at Everton.

As for the Iranian DelBoy the less said about that fraud the better.
Just where do you start with a post as far removed from reality as this? Ha ha ha Bill was boss in corrie and boss at Everton.lol

Get down off the stage lad. We're heading for oblivion anyway mate.

OK. This is just a quick scroll through the first few pages. Not very pretty, like I said.
I stand by my post. I detested him.
That's hardly wishing death on someone which is the accusation you've thrown around.
After 24 hours he was back to being Bill Jong-Un, most evil man in the world, destroyer of all things Everton and an absolute [Poor language removed].

No need to rewrite history and paint him as some saviour. He earned that reputation through his own actions.

He lied to evertonians plenty when he did own us, picked most of the staff, negotiated a lot of the transfer deals, he signed off on these accounts that have seen us get a record points deduction.

He signed off on predatory lending to enrich his mates off of the back of the club, first under Vibrac and then under Rights and Media Funding. He spent the last year waging a PR campaign against the very same fans who you apparently want North Korean style fake mourning from.

Get a grip.

The Bogeyman has gone and his involvement in the decision making has ended. What is the point of this thread now?

If they are really planning to name a stand after him in BMD, then it makes sense to consider his legacy. Having the Park Stand renamed after Philip Carter doesn't sit right with me even if he presided over the 80's glory days given his tory background.

If they are really planning to name a stand after him in BMD, then it makes sense to consider his legacy. Having the Park Stand renamed after Philip Carter doesn't sit right with me even if he presided over the 80's glory days given his tory background.
It belongs in the Stadium thread then.

That's hardly wishing death on someone which is the accusation you've thrown around.

No need to rewrite history and paint him as some saviour. He earned that reputation through his own actions.

He lied to evertonians plenty when he did own us, picked most of the staff, negotiated a lot of the transfer deals, he signed off on these accounts that have seen us get a record points deduction.

He signed off on predatory lending to enrich his mates off of the back of the club, first under Vibrac and then under Rights and Media Funding. He spent the last year waging a PR campaign against the very same fans who you apparently want North Korean style fake mourning from.

Get a grip.

The fanboys are out in full, some of them are even avid Corrie fans, good to see they haven't wasted their lives and some are on a wind up, even air brushing history, with a yard brush. Still maintain he was the worst thing to ever happen to Everton. Maybe if their not watching Corrie or throwing around bitter accusations they could show us our trophy haul under Bill stewardship for almost 40 years, thanks in advance.

OK. This is just a quick scroll through the first few pages. Not very pretty, like I said.

After 24 hours he was back to being Bill Jong-Un, most evil man in the world, destroyer of all things Everton and an absolute [Poor language removed].

Seeing as you’ve dragged me into your pity party, can you tell me what evil I’m supposed to have done please ?

Bill did his best for this club and yes he had his problems but his heart was in the right place. The crap he got off some fans was absolutely shameful.

if it wasnt for Bill this club would have sunk down the leagues into oblivion.

The problem is we have these football manager, Skysports fans who think we are entitled to be something we are not or have not been since the 80s.

Bill was boss in Corrie and he was boss at Everton.

As for the Iranian DelBoy the less said about that fraud the better.
Ah the myth of Bill Kenwright; that he saved the club from oblivion, never takes into account the fact he joined the board in 1989. 18 months after being champions of England. He then did nothing.

Get a grip.
Thank you he did everything he could to stay in the rich boys clubs. The club success was secondary to him rubbing shoulders with rich owners.

I'm sure that Kenwright wasn't on board with us bringing in Benitez. He wasn't stupid. He'd have known how unpopular an appointment that he was going to be. He still went along with it though didn't he? And stood on in silence knowing the damage it would do long-term. All knowing that he could've stood down in protest and would've probably stopped the deal on the spot by doing so.

Still though, if you want to talk about managers that Kenwright was all for then I'd be willing to bet good money that he all in on Lampard and backed him right till the bitter and end even then some after the fact.
The epitome of Bill Kenwright's time on the board at Everton. From challenging for the league to celebrating staying up for the fourth time. He was on the board for every single one.

Wimbledon,
Coventry,
Palace,
Bournemouth.

Seeing as you’ve dragged me into your pity party, can you tell me what evil I’m supposed to have done please ?
Well you see mate, you weren't in tears as you made your post so obviously you where happy about Kenwrights death because that's how things work apparently. According to @Duncan Donuts you either have to be very obviously upset or you wanted it happen and are happy that it has.......

Well you see mate, you weren't in tears as you made your post so obviously you where happy about Kenwrights death because that's how things work apparently. According to @Duncan Donuts you either have to be very obviously upset or you wanted it happen and are happy that it has.......

Choosing to remain silent, is some leap, to revelling in his death.